Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Paxton SN bracket question.

Thread: Paxton SN bracket question.

Junior SCH Member

Paxton SN bracket question.

I have a Paxton SN89 set-up on my 93GT Mustang and have been kicking around the idea of switching to a Vortech head unit for more boost (V1). I know the SN front mounting plate is different than the Vortech but is the rear bracket the same as Vortech? If that is true would I only need to change the front plate to mount the Vortech and have all pullies line up? I do have to say my SN89 has been great I see about 5-6lbs. but boost is addictive. Any info on switching the head unit would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to use either bracket when switching from an Paxton SN to a Vortech V1. The bolt patterns many look similar, but there's little likelihood the brackets (front or rear) will be compatible with both head units. Vortech may own Paxton today, but the two superchargers in question (SN and V1) were developed during a time when the two companies were truly separate, so there's there's little chance of anything being compatible between the two blowers.

Of course, if you really wanted to reuse all your old brackets, you could wait for the VR4 kits which are supposed to be available from Paradise Wheels any time soon. A VR4 conversion of your SN will probably give you the same (if not more) boost than the V1 without the hassle of ripping everything out and replacing it all with new bits from Vortech.

That being said, The VR4 availability discussion (with respect to Paradise Wheels) has been going on for some time now with little signs of movement on PW's part...

Junior SCH Member
    Guess I can put that idea to bed then, what a shame the rear brackets look so similar. VR4 upgrade would be cool but doesn't seem like that's ever going to happen.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    I have made the step from VR4 to Novi 2000, that should be the same outside as the Vortech unit
    My Chevy used 1 thick aluminum bracket for the SN model that with some drilling and cutting would fit the Paxton Novi 2000

Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.

Greets, Marco

The Novi as the Vortech mounting location is oval and the SN type is round so I have to cut a piece out of it and dril 2 new holes, I was still able to use 3 existing holes.

Greets, Marco