Thread: Crank Case vent tube

Junior SCH Member

Crank Case vent tube

I think this is what it's called it's on the passenger side head, I'm in progress of my install and don't know where in the world this needs to be hooked up at.

Junior SCH Member
    The factory tube comes off and then there will be a 5/8 hose that connects to ur passenger valve cover to the inlet tube that connects to the supercharger. Now some people eliminate this hose and put a vent crank case filter on the valve cover. Check out K & N website for a picture.

hope this helps

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah that's a huge help, it's the simple things like that left out of the instructions that make the install a pain in the butt. :)

Also where does it connect to, one connection is for the surge, and air intake temp. so I guess that leaves the gold metal elbow.

Junior SCH Member
    what did you end up doing with your valve cover vents. i have the driverside tube going to the copper tubing. and the passenger side to the valve opposite side of the trottle cables on the intake manifold. i'm having a problem with oil saturating my MAF and i believe it's from the tube i have connected at that copper elbow near the bypass valve connection. a photo is posted if that helps any.
    Al
    01-891 Saleen Vert
    Bullitt Intake
    P1SC 10psi

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by S281
    what did you end up doing with your valve cover vents. i have the driverside tube going to the copper tubing. and the passenger side to the valve opposite side of the trottle cables on the intake manifold. i'm having a problem with oil saturating my MAF and i believe it's from the tube i have connected at that copper elbow near the bypass valve connection. a photo is posted if that helps any.
    I am taking for granted that you hooked up the systme the way that ATI recommended. If so, your options are:
    leave it hooked up as is
    Vent the passenger crank side to the atmoshpere.
    Route it to a catch can
    or leave it hooked up as is and put a filter in the line to catch the oil

Hope this helps

Peter