Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
6 rib belt for 94 cobra

Thread: 6 rib belt for 94 cobra

6 rib belt for 94 cobra

Does anyone in the southeast area sell a damn 6 rib belt thats longer than a 115" and shorter than a 120" belt ???

Napa's 6 rib belts go up to 115" then to 120" with nothing in between !!! I need around a 118" belt ???

Thanks

Junior SCH Member
    Not sure what you are trying to do but i had Carquest order all mine.. they are Gates belts. Are you useing ATI's recomended lengths.. I know they were right on the money with my setup.
    95 GT MOVIE HERE

Originally posted by ponyboy19
    Not sure what you are trying to do but i had Carquest order all mine.. they are Gates belts. Are you useing ATI's recomended lengths.. I know they were right on the money with my setup.
    Yea theres is a 115" belt which is a little to small (cant get in on at all even with the tentioner all the way cocked).. Im stuck with a 120" belt from napa which is a little to loose but it works. We dont have car quest here ! Maybe i can order out of town ?
    94 Cobra
    Dart 363ci
    F-1R, AFR 225s

Junior SCH Member
    Order it right from ATI maybe.. I know the belt they told me to use was tight as hell.. I had to loosen up the alternator and cock it over a bit, then i squeezed the belt on which was no easy task and used a pry bar to pull the alt back and insert the bolts.. it took a long time and i didn't think it was going to go but i see 14lbs with no apparant belt slippage...
    95 GT MOVIE HERE

Good info, thx...My belt must be slippin, cause ATI 14# pulley is a 3.35 and im using a 3.05 and im only seeing 9 #s at 6000 !!!

Ill try the alt trick..
    94 Cobra
    Dart 363ci
    F-1R, AFR 225s

Junior SCH Member
    yeah i use the 3.35 with the recomended belt.. it's a pain but will work.. 14-14.5#'s with No I/C.
    95 GT MOVIE HERE

Originally posted by ponyboy19
    yeah i use the 3.35 with the recomended belt.. it's a pain but will work.. 14-14.5#'s with No I/C.
    Man, #s right the money !! Thats cool, what size crank pulley you useing ?
    94 Cobra
    Dart 363ci
    F-1R, AFR 225s

Junior SCH Member
    my crank pulley is the stock 95 gt 5.0 pulley. I notice no belt slippage. You may loose a little boost through the intercooler but you should still be up there close. I also run my homemade powerpipe i built.. If you don't have one you should.. you can check it out off the link on my webpage. It works well.. just click the ATI power pipe and you can see how i did it.

http://www.geocities.com/skiboyracing/mustang.html
    95 GT MOVIE HERE