Thread: B & M 144 Blower on a 4 banger ????????

Junior SCH Member

B & M 144 Blower on a 4 banger ????????

Can anyone tell me how small an engine (cu. in.) a 144 B&M supercharger can be installed on??? By using underdrive, larger blower pulley?? I am wanting to supercharge a 181 cu in Chevy 4 cyl 8.5 comp ratio dished piston motor. (marine engine in a drag car). I am capable of fabricating an intake, but don't know if the 144 has too much volume for such small cu in. I have seen them used on the inline 235 cu in 6 cyl Chevy motor.
    thanks, Doug

http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...ech%20Info.pdf

hell yeah, a 144 pumps 144CID of air per rev.
    you can use a 6-71 that pumps 411CID of air per rev,
    on a 355sbc that means that half of the engine cubes = 177cubic inches fed by half of a 6-71 w/205CID of air per rev.
    based on that the 144Blower could be made to work with a 181chev4cyl...
    you could probably use/modify a sbc manifold as an adapter to mount the blower and save some extra fabrication
    share some pictures of your progress,
    what car are you using this engine in??
    is the engine a version of the iron duke that started out with about 151CID???

Junior SCH Member
    It's going in a 1941 Willy's pickup (all glass body and bed)on a Jegster tube chassis. The 181 is the marine version of the Chevy II 4 cyl motor of the 60's. I hope to run in the 10-11 sec 1/4 mi range. Sounds stupid, but I just wanted something different. Thanks for the reply, I will keep you up dated.............