Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New From UK

Thread: New From UK

Junior SCH Member

New From UK

Hello all, another newb here from the UK.

Also very new to the world of SCing so expect some daft questions.

Current interests are BMW's. I have an E36 M3 Evolution in Individual spec which i use as a daily, and have an E36 328 which is currently undergoing a SC conversion. All the mechanicals are (i think) complete.

Anyhow i have some questions regarding ECU's, is that something that would be known on here? Where is the best place to ask?

Im just going to put this here because i like it

Hello Simon and welcome to SCH! Glad to have you aboard.

Sounds like you have a very interesting project going with your E36 328. My initial reaction was, "Why wouldn't you supercharger the M3?" but in retrospect I think you've made the wiser choice. From my limited exposure to M-cars, I've found them to be fairly high-strung out-of-the-box and don't really need much more power-coaxing. The standard offerings from Bavarian Motor Works could always use a little more 'go'.

We don't have an 'ECU Specific' forum section here on SCH, so you're best bet would be to post your question(s) in the section relating to the supercharger brand you're using (Paxton, Vortech, ProCharger, etc...). If that doesn't yield much response, you can also post in the 'General Tech' section.

Of course, if there's enough interest from the membership I can create a new forum section for Fuel Management/ECU discussions.

Oh, and don't forget to add photos of your vehicles to the SCH Garage. You'll find the link in the top navigation bar just below the SuperchargerHelp.com logo.

Junior SCH Member
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Like you say the M engine is something of a special breed and without basically pulling it apart and putting it back together, it wouldnt take kindly to an SC. Plus its my baby and id like to get it fully restored.

The 328 is my track car which i felt needed a little more poke on the straights. Engines for these are cheap so if it goes pop it wont hurt my pockets too much!

Thanks for the advice, i will try and get some updated pics over the next couple of days.

Simon

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    yes, we like pictures.
    there are a cople Bmw`s around here in Holland using Eaton superchargers but dont know anything about there tuning dough.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

welcome to the site,
    photos of your work are great for others to see

Junior SCH Member
    Ok so here is a link to the build thread. I purchased the car as an unfinished project so cant pass off all the work as my own, but it gives you something to read through if you're bored.

I took ownership around page 3/4 i think.

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drif...onversion.html