Thread: battery in trunk/hatch section..

battery in trunk/hatch section..

I am planning on buying a trunk battery kit and I was wondering..
    for those who have there batteries in there trunk/hatch where did you run your + wire

1. Inside the cab under the rug along the trim?

2. Under the car...

If anyone chose #2 where under the car? So its out of the way of everything

Thanks
    Mark

Senior SCH Member
    I ran the starter wire through the interior of the car. With the solenoid in the back, it is only hot during crank.

The alternator output, main power wire, and ground cable were all run underneath the car. I snaked the alternator output and main power wires through the subframe over the axles and then I just ran them along the sub frame connectors. The ground, I just used a lot of hold downs to keep it away from any moving parts. Not too bad once you get under the car.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Why did you put the selenoid in the back too? I was thinking of just running the + wire to the selenoid and the ground from the chassis to the motor and from the battery to the chassis making a Loop.

Is it better to put the selanoid in the back? It seems like alot of wire to run!

Junior SCH Member
    the problem is if you dont run the solenoid in the back the + wire is ALWAYS hot... and thats alot of power to leave where it could get cut, arc, short or whatever....