Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Sn 92 easy to work on

Thread: Sn 92 easy to work on

Junior SCH Member

Sn 92 easy to work on

I've just finished tear down and rebuild on my sn 92 because I bought it from a guy who lied and said it was recently rebuilt.
    It was not even close. It was scored and had black balls and made a horrible sound.
    I found it to be a very simple machine. It's incredible the simplicity of engineering that went into such an effective device.
    Just wanted to chime in and say that if your ever worried about tearing into one of these.
    I wouldn't fear these things at all. Super easy.
    Pay close attention to the great info on this website and just trust yourself. Take your time and get the right specs when setting up shims and things.
    I would recommend Craig at paradise for good info. And parts.
    Hes a really nice guy and good for right parts first time.
    Im tim and I'm new to this Paxton world.
    I really like the boost it gives my allready fast car. Wow like a big block Chevy now

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Cool.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

That's great news about your SN, Tim. And congratulations on the successful rebuild.

I'm still in the middle of the rebuild of my own SN89; I have all the parts necessary just haven't had much time to get back into it. But your post has rekindled my interest.

Junior SCH Member
    I'm glad you replied.
    Ive read some of your posts in the past and found them helpful as I hope mine can be.
    Its all about fellowship in my world and friends are the same as family.
    My car is unusual in nature.
    I took a Mercedes sedan e300 and replaced the six cyl with a saleen 5.0 from a 90 mustang.
    built it with forged pistons and rods balanced and mild cam with plans to install a Paxton from the start.
    I didn't have the Paxton yet and wasn't sure when I would ever get to it.
    So when this one fell in my lap I jumped.
    700. With all the brackets and junk. I felt it was a good deal.
    Then I got the new pulley and rebuilt the unit myself. I'm in like flint.
    Its silent and really pulls hard in second gear it's really quick.
    I'll post more later about tuning as I just got it installed.
    Any pointers would be appreciated. Tim

So you basically built your own 500E...LOL!! that's awesome! And probably a lot less expensive than getting a real 500E (which is fairly rare).

And at $700 with all brackets, etc... for an SN, you did very well indeed. Even with the rebuild, that's a great price.