Thread: Need info on relocating IAT sensor

Junior SCH Member

Need info on relocating IAT sensor

Hey guys,

I have been searching up and down the internet looking for a nice, detailed "how-to" write up on relocating the IAT sensor on a S-trim fox body but unable to find any concrete information.

When relocating the IAT, is the stock 5.0 sensor still being utilized or is there another sensor to upgrade to?

Can I just drill and tap the sensor in the discharge pipe? What about the wiring harness?

Thanks,
    Eric

Junior SCH Member
    Well I can tell you how I set mine up. Ford 5.4l sohc. I relocated the sensor to just before the throttle body and Immediately after my water/meth injection nozzle.

The reason for relocation is to bring your iat temps to a accurate level after your aftercooler.

yes if your vehicle uses an iat sensor then relocate the Oem sensor. I happen to know the foxes well. 93 is obdI controlled.
    your MAF and IAT are both input sensors the ECM uses to calculate Algorithms for a/f ratio retard -advance ignition timing.

as far as the circuit/wires. You may need to lengthen the wires. Do not use scotch locks or but connectors as the can increase resistance.