Thread: Greetings from SE Michigan

Junior SCH Member

Greetings from SE Michigan

Hello to everyone. I have been involved in the car hobby for many years. I grew up in Dearborn and had some great experiences with the new (THEN) Mustang. Always had a sweet spot for the cars of Carroll. Was told a number of times to stop buying the regular Mustangs and get on board with the Shelby cars. Did I listen? What do you think.

I have had BOSS 351's, '64 Galaxies w/428 & tripower, 1970 1/2 Falcons with 429 SCJ motors, 2011 GT500 Shelby, '86 SVO Mustang. After 36 years I retired from Ford. You were wondering why I had all those Fords?

I had been looking for a clone Shelby. I have traveled all over and back looking at them. In over 25 years I never saw one that rang my bell. Untill, I came across the '66 GT350 Clone that I have now. I found it in 2011 and couldn't believe my eyes. I had seen it before but always thought it was real and therefore out of my budget. I felt like an idiot when I saw the car and realized it was a clone. The prior owner had it for 15 yerars. He did some of the work and some was done by others. It was done exactly the way I would have done it.

The body is all original from California. It is arrow straight and a real joy to own and drive. When I looked at it I was really impressed and giving thought to pulling the trigger. Then I opened the hood and there it was. A Paxton. My dreams had been answered. It was everything and more than what I wanted. Pulled the trigger and haven't looked back once.

I sent the Paxton to Mr. Conley at Paradise Wheels. He went throught the Paxton and made sure everything was ship shape. I did some underhood detailing to make it true to the 66 line.

Not being satisified with one supercharger I had to have another. For my Christmas present to myself last year I bought a 2003 Cobra Terminator Convertible. It is a 10th anniversary unit with 10 K on the clock.

I will be lurking around the forum. Always have questions. Look forward to joining in when I can.

Jerry O

Hi Jerry, and welcome to SCH. Glad to have you aboard!

Your Shelby clone sounds like a great car! Congratulations on the purchase. Can I assume we'll see it during this year's Dream Cruise?

Junior SCH Member
    Glad to be on board. Have been to Woodward every year. The best is before the Friday and Saturday. Monday through Thursday has to be experienced. I had the '66 out last year. I am planning on doing Mustang Alley this year. The week starts off with the Mustang Memories show at Ford World Headquarters on Sunday Aug. 11th. Hundereds of Mustangs and other Ford powered iron in the shadows of Henry's house. Goes strong till Saturday Aug. 17th with the Woodward Dream Cruise. A fantastic week of cars and cruising.

welcome to the site
    extra work to keep a car nice in the rust belt area...
    i grew up in the Pinconning area, so my first couple of cars were rusty from the door handles down.
    too much salt on the roads

Junior SCH Member
    When it snows they try to make the entire state look like a french fry. It just eats the cars. They have made inroads in body protection. The cars have limited body rust. But the suspensions rust out or springs blow into the body of the car. House looks nice but the basement is a sink hole.

The only way to save them is to keep them off the road during the winter. In spring it takes at least two cleaning rains before bringing the cars out.