Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
1995 Powerpipe and belt questions

Thread: 1995 Powerpipe and belt questions

Junior SCH Member

1995 Powerpipe and belt questions

Anyone come up with a powerpipe for a 1995 Mustang. I am looking to install one, but haven't seen an idea I like.

Also, My tensioner pulley shakes while the car is running. I believe this probably robs me of some power, is there a brace or something that will make it stop shaking.

Thanks

Mike

There is another thread going on right now about this.

What do you mean your tensioner pulley is shaking... like the bearings are bad, or the whole arm is moving?... Please explain a little more.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Senior SCH Member

Re: 1995 Powerpipe and belt questions

Originally posted by mwall787
    Anyone come up with a powerpipe for a 1995 Mustang. I am looking to install one, but haven't seen an idea I like.

Also, My tensioner pulley shakes while the car is running. I believe this probably robs me of some power, is there a brace or something that will make it stop shaking.

Thanks

Mike
    I have a brand new tensioner on my car, and it still shakes back and forth. Its going to do this, and as far as I know there isn't a way to make this stop. As long as the belt isn't slipping, you should be ok.
    I don't think there is any power lost by this, again if the belt isn't slipping.

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Junior SCH Member
    yep, the whole arm rattles back and forth. I haven't experienced any belt slipping problems and have never thrown a belt, but that just seemed odd to me.

As for the powerpipe, all I see is a post about a fox body and one about a 99 cobra. While the fox body charger does bolt on the drivers side, the engine compartment is different (where the hole in the fenderwell is, ect. The 99 cobra mounts on the passenger side so that doesn't help me. I need help with the sn95 (1994-1998)
    Thanks
    Mike Wall

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by mwall787
    As for the powerpipe, all I see is a post about a fox body and one about a 99 cobra. While the fox body charger does bolt on the drivers side, the engine compartment is different (where the hole in the fenderwell is, ect. The 99 cobra mounts on the passenger side so that doesn't help me. I need help with the sn95 (1994-1998)
    Thanks
    Mike Wall
    Mike,
    check this link out, its for a D1SC however it would work fine for a p1sc, as this is what is on ponyboy19's car.
    http://www.prochargerpower.com/forum...s=&threadid=37

hope this helps

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned

hp? tq?

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks

Junior SCH Member
    Yup I built one and gave instructions and part #'s on my page.. Worked out real good. If you need any help or info just email me.
    http://www.geocities.com/skiboyracing/fms.html
    95 GT MOVIE HERE

Senior SCH Member
    I used the setup Ponyboy has and it worked out very well! I actually deviated from his some by using the chrome tubing from my original MAC cold air kit and just bought the rubber elbow from Cummins, it was like $25 to my door. My car runs so much better now when its hot due to it not sucking that hot air off the headers.
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Senior SCH Member
    I was looking at this site as it had quite a bit of tubing and a variety of pipes/bends.
    https://web9.tdl.com/jags/Parts_AirClean_Ducting.html
    Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    OLD

hp? tq?

Senior SCH Member
    Only thing that would worry me about the stuff on that site is that it is thin. The thickest one they have is .25" and with a blower pushing 12-14psi I would be afraid it would suck shut.
    1995 GT
    Black on Black
    T-5
    D.S.S Pro Bullet 306
    and almost every part in the FRPP catalog.

And a 'Strange' whistling sound under the hood courtesy of ProCharger......

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by SnakeIs
    Only thing that would worry me about the stuff on that site is that it is thin. The thickest one they have is .25" and with a blower pushing 12-14psi I would be afraid it would suck shut.
    True, I just got that link from John91Coupe a while back, looked to have some interesting stuff,but all should be considered when buying something like this..

DAN