Thread: Noob Intercooler help

Junior SCH Member

Noob Intercooler help

I have a 2007 H3 with a 3.7L I5. I'm mechanically inclined, but fairly new to supercharging. I put a custom M90 setup on my last truck, but this is the first time I've added an intercooler.

I took a supercharger made for a Colorado 3.7 and modified it to fit my H3. My intercooler does not seem to be working as well as I think it should be. IAT's at idle were close to 150 degrees without the IC hooked up. I hooked it up and was getting around 80 - 90 degrees. I added a reservoir and the temps went back up to 130. At the suggestion of a tuner, I added a constriction in my line and the temps dropped to 110-ish.

The line is 3/4" heater hose. It has a pretty good flow coming out at the reservoir. What else can I check or do?

Thanks for the help!
    Paul

Junior SCH Member
    An update and bump for hopefully some input. :)

I found out that my bypass actuator had come unhooked. It's an externally mounted actuator, the 'L' shaped rod had become unhooked from the bypass valve lever. With that hooked back up, my temps are around 20-25 above ambient in normal driving; back into that 80-90 degree range mentioned above. When I take a long trip into the mountains of western MD, the temps can get up into the 130 degree range, but I guess that is because the supercharger is under boost much more than normal, causing the temps to rise (tell me if I'm wrong).

What kind of temp range should my inter-cooler get me? Is 25 degrees above ambient good, bad or normal?

Thanks,
    Paul

Junior SCH Member
    I'm still looking for some help with my inter-cooler and finding out if it's operating in an acceptable range or not. Any help out there?