Thread: Newbie from UK

Junior SCH Member

Newbie from UK

Evening all, My name is Roger and I'm from Plymouth in the UK.

I'm a massive Honda CRX fan and have owned several, my last one was a VTEC model to which I added a T28 turbocharger.

I currently own a very rough Si model, it's a Japanese import and has a D16zc non VTEC engine, my plan was to turbo charge this but turbo charged CRX's have been done to death and as this car is a track toy I got to thinking that a super charger would suit it better.
    So after a beer fuelled eBay session I've ebded up buying an Eaton M45 from (I believe) a Merc 230 slk (it's a A111 model), I think this should be ok to give me 5 psi of boost on a 1600 engine.

Quick question, how can I remove the pulley from the charger?? I want to remove it and turn it through 180 degrees to give me more clearance or maybe replace it with another pulley (anyone know where I can get another pulley from)

Many thanks

Rog.

Hi Roger.

My brother and I owned a '88 CRX Si years ago. Arguably one of the MOST enjoyable cars anyone could every own! And surprisingly practical as well. I used to call it the perfect student's car - surprisingly quick, great handling, extremely economical to operate, reliable as the day is long, capable of hauling a surprising amount of stuff (trips to Ikea were never an issue), small enough to park anywhere, and you could fix it with a screw driver and a 10mm socket.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about the Eaton M45 supercharger, so I can't really comment on how to remove the pulley. However, I would suggest looking through the Eaton Superchargers section of the site.