Thread: IAT relocation - P1SC - necessary?

Junior SCH Member

IAT relocation - P1SC - necessary?

In the P1SC kit, the Iat sensor is plugged in before the blower. Fordchip.com recommends it be placed after the blower . Does anyone else recommend this for this kit? Pros and cons would be great - thx

Peace
    Tuned by FordChip

501.9RWHP, 421RWTQ @ 6500rpm (out of fuel)

Custom 8-Rib Pulley system by Mike Dez Racing

D1SC and some other stuff

Junior SCH Member
    You want to move the sensor to the tube that is before the throttle body. That way it is reading the air after it has run through the system. Just tap into the tube in order to relocate the sensor and plug the old hole that is in the inlet tube connecting to the supercharger.

Junior SCH Member
    Ok - is anywhere on the throttle body plenum ok? Also, whats the best way to plug the old hole - and if this is the better way of setting the car up, why isnt it a part of the Procharger's design in their kits?
    thx

peace
    Tuned by FordChip

Junior SCH Member
    Dayum... I typed in a response and it didnt get posted.....

Anyways... there are a couple things to think about here. First in an "air/air" intercooled system, the increase in air temperature over ambient (out side) is for the most part predictable. So therefore if the IAT sensor is before the blower, and the tuneup is done as such, then you will be fine. If you however move the IAT to between the blower and throttlebody, you will see wild swings in temperature during cruise. The air is heated as it recirculates through the supercharger. This will cause timing and fuel to be modified as the wild temperature swings are seen by the sensor as you open and close the throttlebody. The best place to put the sensor is directly in the manifold after the throttlebody. But then again, it is only as good as the tuneup is. In my opinion it is just fine to leave it before the blower.

Michael Freedman

Junior SCH Member
    Good to hear from you Mike - Seeing as you tuned my car, if I may ask you this: Since I have recently relocated my IAT to after the blower, the car sees to idle a tiny bit better, and seems to rev a little smoother, should I have it retuned this way? The only reason Im even playing around with the IAT is because my car has had this idle problem from day one - all Im trying to do is get it to run like stock. I am very pleased with the power and the way the car runs when Im 'on it', now if I could just get it to idle better....Any and all advice would be welcome here - thx

Peace
    Tuned by FordChip