Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
VR-4

Thread: VR-4

Senior SCH Member

VR-4

I just purchased a vr-4 upgrade from craig at paradise wheels today, and i was wondering if anyone has any diagrams on how to install this into a sn 2000? Any info would be great.

Junior SCH Member
    The conversion should be easy. The rear cover and impeller are easy to change, and the last part to change. After getting the correct rotational torque set, shim the impeller to get the proper clearences in the housing. The VR4 impeller makes more heat so it has larger clearences.

Internally you will need swap out the beville washer for the stronger VR4 beville washer. Setting up the tension is important. The tension is measure as rotational torque. Check the rotational torque by turning the blower input shaft with inch/lbs torque wrench. A VR4 will need an extra 10-15 inch/lbs of turning force as it takes more hp to turn.

You may need a oil cooler for the head unit. THe blower compresses more air and generates more heat.

Is the kit you ordered one of the new ones Paradise Wheel is developing? Are they available now?

I plan to order one myself. The VR4 conversion worked well on my car. Worth the upgrade to me.

Ther may be assembly instructions for the SN type blower in a past post

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suede57ford View Post
    "............You may need a oil cooler for the head unit. THe blower compresses more air and generates more heat........."
    EVERY SN series owner should have a fluid cooler. To run without one is asking for trouble, and a much shorter blower lifespan.

Z.

'65 K code

Senior SCH Member
    Yes i have an oil cooler on my sn 2000 it runs very cool and makes 8 # of boost. I cant wait to get the vr-4 kit in it. It is one of the old vr-4 kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I just purchased a vr-4 upgrade from craig at paradise wheels today, and i was wondering if anyone has any diagrams on how to install this into a sn 2000? Any info would be great.
    These install the same way that a SN-2000 blower would. If you need any more help, call Craig.