Thread: Traction advice needed

SCH Member

Traction advice needed

My novi will be on soon and I know I will be having SEVERE traction issues. I have a 2000 GT with auto, 2800 P.I. stall converter, 4.10s, Tokico adjustable drag struts and shocks. Running 275x17 Nitto Drag Radials I can stick pretty darn good on the track (cutting 1.80 sixty on almost every run). Am considering buying the Bullett look alike wheels to match my fronts. They are 10.5 inches wide and would run Nitto 315's. Would go to Welds and M/T's but I have some physical problems that make it very difficult to change wheels. Anyway do you think there is ANY chance of getting traction with the 315's?
    Stock; except for my mods

I would say they would be great, a drag radial that big is gunna hook!!!

You also have the suspension upgrades to halp aswell I think it will work awesome.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

SCH Member
    Hope so. I will be giving it a try. Then again, I could always ask the wife to change the rims on race day....Welds are light arnt they? :crazy:

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    How do those Toki adjustables work for you? I'm interested in your opinion, have been eyeballing a set of those.

Only thing I can think of for your app, I have been running HPM Megabite Jr. lower control arms for a good number of years, they will help with your launching as well as help eliminate rear jacking under hard braking. Kenny Brown sells a similar pickup point relocation bracket that uses the oem lower arms.

SCH Member
    I love the Tokicos. I leave the rear on 5 all the time; track and street. The front I set to 1 on the strip and 4 on the street. Handling is fantastic. I dropped my 60 foot from 1.98 to 1.80 with the struts and shocks. Not too bad. I would recommend them to anyone thinking about a duel use strut/shock combo. After my Novi install I plan on dropping the front sway bar for track use. Don't know if I will leave it off all the time because I don't want to loose the ability to "carve the corners" :)

if you don't mind me asking..how hard was it to change the shocks and struts out and how much change did you drop on the whole deal. i have major traction issues and am looking for some lower cost help.
    -------------
    01 GT with Novi1000