Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
what horsepower with stock novi 2K and my combo?

Thread: what horsepower with stock novi 2K and my combo?

SCH Member

what horsepower with stock novi 2K and my combo?

this is my current combo, i will be switching to 36lb injectors and mass air, 190 in tank and getting my JMS chip reburned for the blower..........let me know what you think. thanks in advance..............BH

`90 LX Hatch
    Keith Craft 306
    TFS Track Heat Heads
    TFS Track heat Intake
    75mm Pro-M
    70mm Accufab TB
    30lb. injectors
    Anderson B-3 Cam
    26X10 ETStreets
    Draglites
    4-point cage
    Sub Frames
    Lakewood 70/30 struts
    Lakewood Drag Springs
    Comp. Eng. Rear Shocks
    Tremec 3550 w/ Hurst
    155lph in-tank
    T-Rex external
    JMS Chip
    *Blower coming soon!

I would say easily over 450 rwhp and by over, I mean closer to 500. Maybe even just over that with some race fuel and more aggressive tuning. All depends on the tune.

SCH Member

ttt

its tuned very well with the chip, should be fine on the tune with the blower also, ive had two cars with jms chips and they were both very driveable with no problems.
    the combo is currently making 325hp/350ft.lbs
    should i be around 500? or will i need a power pipe and a different crank pulley?

I would suggest a 255 high pressure...

You will be @ 450-475 I would say - I would not go any more unless you want to buy a new block.

Ian

SCH Member
    I have a main girdle and poished stock crank & rods, also the block is o-ringed, about 9.5:1 I would say right now.

Hmm ok well this is just my opinion....

The girdle will help some, not so much when you go over 500 @ the wheels. Do not worry about the stock crank and rods, the block will give up before they do. I am not a fan of o-ringing, I would rather blow a HG than a piston. With 9.5:1 compression I would not go over 10-12lbs which is ok because anymore you risk your block.

I can only relate you to me, very close combos - 306, AFR 61CC, 8.5:1 compression and no o-ring. I will not be going anymore than 450-475 as I do not want to risk my block.

Ian

SCH Member

ttt

great..thanks for the good advice, I will definilty keep that in mind, i want my car to be a daily driver if necessary. BH

SCH Member

ttt

by the way, what kind of psi will i see with my combo? ia the kit really 8-10 out of the box????

The 2K will give you 8-10 in stock form...

Ian

I would think around 8-10 depending on cam, and how fast you spin the motor. My stock 135k shortblock has produced 15 a couple times with a power pipe and cold air. That was shifting at around 6100 or so.

Brandon

Junior SCH Member
    Hey guy I have the 36lb injectors and they aren't for this blower. The 155 and 36rs aren't going to do the job you'll detonate. I have areomotive and an10 feed twin an6 feed lines and the weak point is the injectors. You have a badazz blower you'll need a fuel system or ultra tune!!!!!!!!! gl hf
    87 LX NOVI2K

SCH Member

ttt

I was actually going to use the 36 lb injectors with a 255 in tank and a t rex that i already have on the car, surely that will be enough for around 500 rwhp, plus i am geting my jms chip reburned. BH

Junior SCH Member
    Is that 325 to the rear wheels? I so you could easily get 475rwhp out of that set up. But the important part is the fuel and the tune. Over 500hp and your asking for trouble (trans, drivetrain) besides, that's way more power than traction (assuming street tires). Shoot for 450-475 with a rich mixture to be safe. You don't need so much compression with a blown motor. Plus once you are under boost you won't need as much timing.

475HP * 5 /8 = 297 my HP injector size math says a 30# injector would work here so 36 pounders will be plenty... if you can keep fuel pressure up.

Since fuel (AFR) is soooooooooooooo important here I suggest a twEECer or ECCTuner instead of a chip so that you can fine tune the AFR and back the timing down under boost with the EEC.

Of course, keep in mind that the current exchange rate for my 2 cents is about 1.4 cents right now