Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Paxton kinda screwed me

Thread: Paxton kinda screwed me

Junior SCH Member

Paxton kinda screwed me

so im doing the install on my 99 cobra. 3 things.

1. paxton sent me a 2000 with a gt pulley meaning it rubs the valve cover so i gotta send it back to them and thats gonna take like 2.5 to 3 weeks. This means i had to cancel my dyno time.

2. they didn't send the right spacer to fit my car.

3. anybody know how to properly attach the right side coolant tube. The stud on the intake wont allow the screw to go in, but if i remove the stud, then the spacer wont' be long enough.

any ideas
    99 cobra vert
    novi 2k blown
    solid axle
    built motor

Mike @ Dallas Mustang
    Everyone makes mistakes. Since they are fixing it, they are not screwing you, simply fixing thier mess up. If they refused to fix it, then that would be a screwing.

Junior SCH Member
    yeah i got my novi2000 with the pulley on backwords

then 3 bolts in the kit were incorrect
    they mailed me the incorrect bolts 3 more times until they finally got it right.

they always answer the phone as vortech but when i called for vortech info they wont transfer me unless i call a vortech #.

paxton is odd.
    I hate S-Trims

The only problem I had with Paxton was that they return tech calls VERY slowly(read: a few days after you've already solved the problem). But that's why I come to this site :D
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

:D We are here to help.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    If paxton is fixing the problem, then where is the problem? Sometimes it takes a little while for them to get back to you, its not an excuse, but be patient, sometimes it hard, but it pays off. Remember you can always email Kelly @ kherring@paxtonauto.com

Word.

Junior SCH Member
    these just seem like very stupid easily avoidable mistakes, especially for $3,000+
    I hate S-Trims

SCH Member
    I just got my new kit earlier this week. I began installing it Tuesday night.

The kit was missing an alternator bolt. Then, I got the bolt size it said to use from the hdwre store, and went to insert it where it said to (through front place, then through alt, lastly threading into back headbracket). Well, using the SIZE that was specified (and fit the head bracket), the bolt would NOT go through the front plate. That bolt hole wasn't even drilled large enough. So they spec'd a bolt (that wasn't included) to go in a location, which wasn't large enough for the bolt. I had to take the entire plate BACK off to drill the fugger out to accept the bolt.

Next problem... I went to install the inlet. It interferes BIGTIME with my fuel lines AND my STOCK valve covers. I had to GRIND my valvecovers for it to fit. I worked on that thing for 2 hours finally getting it in place. I then go to attach my 80mm Pro M MAF, and it wont fit in the engine bay between the head unit and the inner fender. NICE huh?? So now Im forced to buy some sort of powerpipe in order to finish my install. more money...

Lastly, the discharge it TOO LONG. The pictures help explain what I mean. In the pic, the discharge is TOUCHING the head unit, under that silicone tubing. Look how much LONGER it is at the TB. I dont see any good reason why I should have to be CUTTING my discharge for it to fit.

These are just SOME problems I've come across SO FAR. Who knows what else is in store for me along the way to the finish line. Let's hope not much more, b/c Im getting FED UP.

Regards,

Junior SCH Member
    Ordered a non tuned polished kit w/black ionidized brackets Recieved a tuned kit polished kit. Was charged an EXTRA $4000+ so they can release the correct kit to me.
    Still waiting for them to credit back my credit card after 2.5 weeks

When I recieved the second kit that was supposed to be polished, Only the supercharger was polished (plain plumbing).
    Was supposed to get black ionidized brackets, was told "We dont offer those anymore" (website still advertises this item for my 99GT even today).
    Kit was missing 2 silicon tubes, Had to call 4 times and still only recieved 1 tube via Saturday shipping a week and half later (I live 80 miles from their facility).
    Finaly got the car to run now it's shreding belts. Called for support, Was told "Something is not lining up" (really no shhh) I don't know if the belts are on correctly, WHY?
    the instructions simply say "Route the accessory belt"

Bottom line, if they are selling the most expensive kits, they should have the best service, tech support and instructions for installs. I manage a MAJOR call center in California and to say my experience with Paxton sucks would give them too much credit.
    rlucky

Junior SCH Member
    I still can't get over the fact that their dumb a$$ phone jockey answers the phone as vortech every once in a while. I decided to record a call with them to play back to my friend's as a joke and it starts out "Vortech how may I help you Paxton"
    all one sentence with no pause in it. It’s become an inside joke, when someone says something unbelievably stupid, one of us will say that line. Good stuff.
    I hate S-Trims

They are owned by the same parent company, Vortech and Paxton are basically one for those of you who have been living under a rock the last year. If the main tech support "Kelly" is busy they have someone from vortech try to help you out. Why is this so hard to comprehend? Speaking of dumbass phone jockeys.