Thread: Looking for a plasma cutter

Junior SCH Member

Looking for a plasma cutter

Anyone have a plasma cutter here? I love to tinker around with stuff, and fabricate not only things for my RC stuff, but also fabricate things for my real trucks and cars, some times weld up something for the house, etc. I am looking into getting a plasma cutter that will work well in my work shop and be mobile capable. I don't need anything industrial, as like i said, I'm just a hobbiest and want something that I can mess around with and work with in my home shop. I have checked out a couple of local shops and decided to go online for better pricing.

I found a couple of companies, but unlike the rest of the companies selling plasma cutters and welders out there, Longevity seems to have a great warranty, and the best all around pricing. Is there anyone here that will vouch for LONGEVITY? I'm almost ready to pull the trigger but would love some feed back on product support. and what would be the difference between a pilot arc plasma cutter and a regular plasma cutter? Im sure out of 500,000 hobbiests on this forum, someone should be able to answer some of my questions.

Here is their website:
    http://www.longevity-inc.com/

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Junior SCH Member
    Hey guys,
    Just an update I went with the longevity plasma cutter cause it has a good warranty, the customer service was awesome and I was able to get alot of info from the longevity forum at www.freeweldingforum.com.
    I was checking out the the harbor freight machine. it's a Good looking machine, but not as powerful as the 40D and I am guessing no product support. I paid the same price for the 40D, got a 5 year warranty and the machine is dual voltage 110/220.

Cant beat that. Ill post some pics of the machines progress when I get a chance.
    Here's the plasma cutter I pulled the trigger on:
    http://www.longevity-inc.com/forcecut-40d