Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
sn 2000

Thread: sn 2000

Senior SCH Member

sn 2000

I have a sn2000. I bought it new in 2001 from summit racing I took it off yesterday and it came with the h.p impeller. But it is not purple regular aluminum color. Does anyone know about that color impeller?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I have a sn2000. I bought it new in 2001 from summit racing I took it off yesterday and it came with the h.p impeller. But it is not purple regular aluminum color. Does anyone know about that color impeller?
    The impeller is burgundy/red tinted color. It might be purple from age.

-Andrew
    Paxton SN Series "Expert"

Senior SCH Member
    You guys have my supercharger Craig is putting the vr-4 upgrade in it, take a look at the impeller it's natural aluminum h.o impeller no pinkish purpleish color.

Senior SCH Member
    The purple is just a die (I believe).

I have two HO impellers. One is plain aluminum and the other is purple.

It appears the HO impeller is simply a machined (modified) standard impeller to have aggressive cupping and lighter weight. The colored die hides the machining marks better. Other than than to act as an identifier (and to hide the machining pattern) the color doesn't mean anything.