Thread: Blower motor won't idle ...Help!

Junior SCH Member

Blower motor won't idle ...Help!

This is my very first try with a Blower so I need any help! I know I may have not gone around this the right way trying to putt around on a budget with what I got, just streeting. I have a 440 .030" over with 7025P 10.5 to 1 pistons, deck clean .010" , Comp Cam .570" lift solid lifter (not a blower cam) with 671 Blower ( 43 Top Pulley , 34 bottom pulley 1/2" pitch)with twin 660 Holleys newly rebuild, (blower ref) with vac line hooked up at manifold, 2" custom headers, MSD Coil & 6AL Ignition with MSD Mech advance dist., 18 deg. timing. I took compression away using .100" Flat-out head shim plus using a Felpro .039" o-ring gaskets trying to get down to 8.5 to 1 ratio. My issue I can only get it to run once it hits & it takes allot to keep it running by holding high throttle won't idle what so ever, tried all 4 idle screws at several different settings none works, plugs are black & sooty as hell!
    Just want to puttin on the street, issues I recently discovered that ain't good , had issue with igintion sincde I couldn't get it to idle to set the timing I attempted to static time it by #1 plug spark but at best the spark is sporadic at best soem times it sparks but mostly it won't checked the MSD Box & Coil but are fine unsure of a way to check the MSD Probillet Dist any hints. Also did a leakdown & its not good 40 % or so on 7 holes & one at 50% seems the rings are the issue , any way to help seal them short of a teardown, just wantin to putt around . Any hints are gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks
    Raceware ,
    Last edited by raceware; 04-12-2014 at 04:34 PM.