Thread: vr-4

Senior SCH Member

vr-4

My brother and I installed my vr-4 that craig installed the upgrade and rebuilt for me filled the oil cooler and blower and took it for a ride. wow 9lbs of boost @ 5500 r.p.m with a 4.5 " 6 rib blower pulley 7" crank pulley. No belt slip either!

SCH Member
    what's your engine again? Cubic inches, compression ratio?

Senior SCH Member
    Ford 302 9:1 not stock by any means either.

SCH Member
    Well crap-i was hoping this was on your 454 (thought thats what you were running). I've had this VR4 for a few years and it's probably not worth rebuilding/using since i've been told it just wont push the air needed to do much good on a built 415 inch small block dodge. I only want 8-10 psi or so, but i guess the CFM just isn't there. Might need to look elsewhere. Glad to see it's pushing you in the seat hard.-rick

Senior SCH Member
    What size pulleys do you have on it if you go with smaller supercharger pulley you will get 8-10 lbs the vr4 pushes as much cfm as a novi 2000. What year did you buy the vr-4? Did you buy it when the granetellis still owned paxton?

SCH Member
    Never installed it- needs a rebuild. Unknown age- i got it about 5 years ago from someone that had it on his shelf for maybe 5 years. He purchased it from Paxton as a rebuild that a Renegade racer sent in (i think when Paxton stopped paying contigency money for racers that wouldn't switch to the newly released Novi). I just posted a big long speal about how i'm not sure if this is worth my time/money to rebuild and install-rick

Senior SCH Member
    Send a picture to my email I've heard the vr4 impeller was different when the granatellis owned it.

Senior SCH Member
    Ill buy it if you want to sell it?

SCH Member

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Ill buy it if you want to sell it?
    You have a message...