Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Installing a pulley on the headunit

Thread: Installing a pulley on the headunit

Junior SCH Member

Installing a pulley on the headunit

I just bought a used S-trim, but the blower pulley was off the head unit and needs to be reinstalled so I have to get a key (can I get them at any local hardware store, if so what size?). Also I need to know how tight to torque the head unit nut? Thanks
    91 LX coupe 5L 5spd, Trickflow heads ported, stage 1 cam, BBK Lt's, all the bolt on's on 255/50/16 BFG DR's

Ofcourse a S-trim #14

RWHP 449.9 RWTQ438 10PSI untunned
    12.03@123.94 (80^ 80%H)

SCH Member
    well its a bolt that holds the pulley on, with a washer.. I just torque it down by hand, kind of hit the rachqet quickly, with the palm of your hand ( maybe 10-15lbs), this will tighten it alittle more without the engine turning over. Im sure u can find the keyway at any lowes, home depot or hardware store.. take the pulley along with u, and match one up.. Its only about 1" long..
    Vibrant Red 94GT

Senior SCH Member
    I think the key is 3/16..I would'nt get the stock at a hardware store...That stuff is not hardened...I learned the hard way...Need to go to auto parts & get hardened key....or call local vortech guy..they are cheap..

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks guys for the info, I have the bolt and washers, I just need the key I will go pick it up from a local auto parts store.
    91 LX coupe 5L 5spd, Trickflow heads ported, stage 1 cam, BBK Lt's, all the bolt on's on 255/50/16 BFG DR's

Ofcourse a S-trim #14

RWHP 449.9 RWTQ438 10PSI untunned
    12.03@123.94 (80^ 80%H)