Thread: Greetings from Scotland

Junior SCH Member

Greetings from Scotland

Hi all, thought it was about time I joined the forum and introduced myself & car. I own a 1968 Reliant Scimitar GT with a Ford 302 V8 + SN89 paxton. As most of the people on here seem to be in North America, your probably not familiar with this car as they where never exported to the states ..... so I've attached a couple of pics for you all to see.
    I'm just in the process of tearing down my supercharger, as it suddenly sounded like "a bag of nails". So I will no doubt be posting up a few questions in due course.

Toot toot all

duncan_10.jpgduncan_14.jpg

Welcome to SCH! Glad to have you on board.

WOW! A Reliant Scimitar GT! You're right - we never got those over on this side of the pond. Great looking car, thanks for sharing.

welcome to the site
    i've never heard of this car
    i like the way it looks and what you have done with it

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the welcome Michael & Vince ..... glad you like the car. It's a real beasty to drive in the UK, and even over here most people don't know what it is. I still love the looks on other drivers faces when they cruise past me, staring at the "OLD" car. Only to be passed a few minutes later by the extermly fast "OLD" car.

Anyway, I thought I'd post up a Youtube link that a friend took of my car a couple of years back .... enjoy. (Make sure you turn your volume up to 10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzN_Vr7TzM

Cheers all