Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Time for rebuild

Thread: Time for rebuild

Junior SCH Member

Time for rebuild

Hi all,

Well as my sn89 started to sound more like a 'bag of nails' awhile back, it was obviously time to investigate. I joined this site for the obvious knowledge on these types of SC. However, I was amazed by the lack of any diagrams or instructions on stripping/re-assembly instructions within the forum, or anywhere on the net for that matter. Still I took a deep breath and began the strip-down, which actually went pretty easily, and I was amazed how few pieces are actually inside these SC's. I've attached a pic of the contents of my sn89, and on examination the noise I got was obviously coming from my impeller shaft (see pic).
    However, I was/am lucky in already having an unrated impeller, and not finding any other damage other than the 'grazed' impeller shaft.

Now having just received a nice box of rebuild parts from Craig at Paradise Wheels, I'm ready for the build up, so any advice from those that have done it before is much appreciated.

Toot toot all
    20140916_173003.jpg20140916_173032.jpg

Junior SCH Member
    Well after waiting (in)patiently for my rebuild kit from Craig at Paradise wheels, I finally managed to get my sn89 back together. I dont have to tell you guy's that its always a bit of a scarey moment when you start up a SC after a rebuild. However, I must have got it together OK as she ran up nicely, and no more grinding noises.
    So I decided a little tidy up under the hood would be good, and here's the result.

I'm glad for all the help and info about Paxton's on the site, it certainly made for an easier strip/rebuild, and thanks also must go to Craig at Paradise for answering my amateur mechanic questions.

Toot toot all

superC.jpg

Junior SCH Member
    Wow your engine bay looks amazing. What kind of car is that? And did you custom make that piping?

Junior SCH Member
    Cheers mate, the car is a 1968 Reliant Scimitar GT. Which never got exported to the US, so no doubt its an unusual site for our American cousins. The pipe work was all custom made to suite.

Toot toot all

SCH Member
    What does it look like with the hood closed ?

z

'65 K code

Junior SCH Member
    This is the car (with hood closed)

14166997413_5062b52098_b.jpg

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    nice job
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw