Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Fastest SN Powered Fox?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fastest SN Powered Fox?

Junior SCH Member

Fastest SN Powered Fox? My Results Inside(pix & video)

I've been looking around for awhile, can't find too much info on 1/4 mile times with the ball drives. What's the fastest you have seen? A lot of people talk down on the SN series, but I love mine, it goes like crazy!

My my best run to date in my current Mustang was 12.9@109mph in my 93 Mustang Coupe with a tired all stock motor from intake manifold to oil pan. i blew up that motor missing a shift with no rev limiter. I wound up rebuilding an oem forged piston short block, trick flow tw 170 heads, Holley systemax II intake, off road exhaust, ford f cam, etc car weighs 2975 with half tank without me in it.

Old Setup mentioned above:

Video of that pass:
    http://youtu.be/xDMOl-DULr0

New Setup(12.4@113.2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaf_i...ZxVysaSTA1I3nQ

My previous best run was 12.7@112 in a 3400lb 91 GT. This build was stock short block, ford b cam, world products Windsor sr. Heads, gt40 tubular intake

Video of that pass:
    http://youtu.be/m34VVY7LX8Y

Hoping for some 11 second passes with the new setup.
    Last edited by xounlistedxox; 11-01-2014 at 10:30 PM.

i don't have any times for stangs with SN-units;
    but that looks like fun, it's getting moving quite nicely

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vinces427bb View Post
    i don't have any times for stangs with SN-units;
    but that looks like fun, it's getting moving quite nicely
    Yeah, it's a ton of fun, until I gotta fill up with gas. It's more of a weekend driver, not a daily driver. Less than 1,000 miles a year with the new motor.

The video you saw was with the top picture setup, so quite a bit slower than the new setup. All stock tired motor vs. Rebuild motor with heads, cam, intake, & lost a couple hundred pounds. Relentless wheel spin 1st, 2nd, & 3rd on street tires(275's) it will even spin the tires in 4th once it hits about 4800rpm. I can't wait to put my slicks on and hit the track!

i remember seeing a video on YouTube awhile back of a guy with a red gt that ran an 11.98 with his paxton SN powered fox. That's the fastest I recall seeing. I just brought my 2011 5.0 to the track and it ran 12.2@113, the fox feels faster by a good margin according to my seat of the pants dyno.

We'll see, hopefully I can make it out next week.

MUCH Caution about just bolting on slicks;
    you will need a driveshaft LOOP to prevent the driveshaft from digging into the ground as it is one of the weak links that will break when cars get traction... this can cause a nasty accident and much damage.
    I think the bolt on loops for stangs are fairly cheap = less than $50bucks??
    maybe just try some Mickey Thompson Drag Radial in the 275/60-15 size so you don't have to change tires back and forth...
    that gets old rather quickly
    Last edited by vinces427bb; 10-25-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    I have an upgraded ford aluminum driveshaft with new u joints, so it should be ok, my 28 spline axles & world class t5 who knows. Many people have run 10's on all the factory stuff. this will be my first time out on the new setup I already have mt ET streets mounted on my drag strip wheels, so no goin back now. Driveshaft loop will be done some time soon in any case

Junior SCH Member
    I wound up going, lotsa fun, won my lane. Track had no prep since it was street legal fun drags night. With even 1.8 60' time I could see some 11's. Kind of disappointed, but at least I got first place.

Best run

Quote Originally Posted by xounlistedxox View Post
    I wound up going, lotsa fun, won my lane. Track had no prep since it was street legal fun drags night. With even 1.8 60' time I could see some 11's. Kind of disappointed, but at least I got first place.
    Cool You had a good time & didn't break anything = all in all a good time also

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vinces427bb View Post
    Cool You had a good time & didn't break anything = all in all a good time also
    Way too many street cars dragging water all over the starting line to get any good traction, plus no prep meant lots of spinning even on ET streets, hard to break when you're spinning tires. Once I hit 2nd it would bite good, & I could see the walls were wrinkling but first gear even with 3.27 gears would spin even with 3k rpm launches. I varied my burnouts from 4-10 seconds long with almost no change in 60' times. Seemed to get the best traction just like how I did last trip in my coyote do a burnout just until both tires were smoking a little then stop.

Junior SCH Member
    Last edited by xounlistedxox; 02-15-2015 at 01:11 AM.

I haven't gotten any times with my set up yet just finished it up and tuned it towards the end of last summer.going to the track this summer to see what it will do
    image.jpg
    Last edited by 92stroker331; 02-14-2015 at 12:46 AM.

do you know what kind of power your putting down with your combo?

http://www.wallaceracing.com/hpcalculatorquarter.php

here is a link to auto calculator to figure HP, there are many others on this site

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 92stroker331 View Post
    I haven't gotten any times with my set up yet just finished it up and tuned it towards the end of last summer.going to the track this summer to see what it will do
    image.jpg
    good looking setup. First thing you will want to change to get some easy HP is that supercharger inlet pipe. Get a upr boost master or similar. You will get more boost earlier and more peak boost. 1-2psi is common from my experience. (3 SN setups)

I have never dyno' my car, so I don't know what sort of power I'm putting down. That calculator says about 300rwhp which I doubt is correct. My ET & MPH would be better if I was able to hook up & that number changes quite a bit based on those #'s

IMG_1476.jpg
    lol already picked one up. working on installing it now cutting the hole bigger and everything. my combo made 403 horse and 407ftlbs at the tires on a mustang dyno showing 3lbs on the boost gauge so im hoping for a little gain out of the pipe and new filter. the intake tube and filter were definitely restrictive.filter was disgusting! plus gonna be adding a oil cooler from paradise wheels for the blower. anxious to see what kinda times i can put down

IMG_1480.jpg
    Last edited by 92stroker331; 02-14-2015 at 12:53 AM.

Junior SCH Member
    Not bad at all if it were truly only 3lbs of boost. What heads cam intake are you running?