Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Fastest SN Powered Fox? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fastest SN Powered Fox?

3lbs is what it showed on the boost gauge at 5700rpms when dynoed and thats what it pegs at on the street when im on it lol i thought these unit were good for like 5-6lbs 9:1 compression, 331 eagle assembly,afr 165's, cam is .544lift, 230's duration, trickflow upper/lower, bbk shorties, h-pipe, flowmaster 40's. nothing really all that special just a bunch off off the shelf parts i acquired but still a lot of fun to drive lol

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 92stroker331 View Post
    3lbs is what it showed on the boost gauge at 5700rpms when dynoed and thats what it pegs at on the street when im on it lol i thought these unit were good for like 5-6lbs 9:1 compression, 331 eagle assembly,afr 165's, cam is .544lift, 230's duration, trickflow upper/lower, bbk shorties, h-pipe, flowmaster 40's. nothing really all that special just a bunch off off the shelf parts i acquired but still a lot of fun to drive lol
    i have the upgraded impeller and see 7.5lbs peak boost. You can also change pulley sizes just make sure not to overdrive the head unit.

you could likely gain some easy HP by getting a better intake & ditching those flowmasters. When I changed to bassani mufflers(straight through) my car felt so much quicker. I can't wait to go back out this year. Hopefully with more gear, 31 spline setup, driveshaft loop & on a day with actual track prep. Plus run some race gas so I can turn up the timing. Should be well into the 11's

it works for now im pretty sure ill be well into the 11's as it sits. as should u by ur time slip if u had decent prep for a pass u would of been in the 11's for sure. what's ur suspension set up?
    i got some straight thru outlaws to throw on there just for fun lol but its mostly my street car ill take it to the strip maybe a handful of times but it'll mostly be a cruiser. besides i got my next project for just my strip car 86 notchback with a 421 windsor with dart 225 heads, solid roller 640's-650's lift cam/c4 tranny and 150 shot of nitrous with all the drag supension setup

rear tires.jpg
    IMG_1322.jpg
    IMG_1329.jpg
    Last edited by 92stroker331; 02-14-2015 at 04:48 AM.

Junior SCH Member
    Good looking car, I love coupes.

my suspension/chassis setup is:

Lakewood 90/10 struts up front
    Lakewood 50/50 shocks in back
    Qa1 coil over setup up front with 14" 170lb springs
    eibach sportline 2" lowering springs in back
    swaybars f&r
    polyurethane bushings/mounts everywhere & I do mean everywhere
    upr chromoly rear lower control arms
    custom made adjustable upper control arms with heim joints
    bbk sub frame connectors with seat support brackets welded in
    lower rear torque boxes reinforced/welded
    d&d motorsports tubular k member
    granatelli tubular front control arms
    Maximum motorsports caster/camber plates

thanks man i love the 4 eye coupes. u got a nice suspension setup, sweet notch let me know what times u run at the track when u go again, im hoping to take my setup mid april when our track opens up hopefully we have some decent weather by then. would like to throw a 3:73 gear in mine but might not get to that in time before the track.

Junior SCH Member
    Thank you, Gear would help me a lot too, I go through the traps at under 4500rpms with 3.27's barely getting into the powerband. I have a 31 spline differential I plan on throwing in there too with some beefed up axles so I can feel ok going out on days when they spray the sticky stuff down.

Junior SCH Member
    In normal street trim

Quote Originally Posted by xounlistedxox View Post
    In normal street trim
    yea get a 3:73 or a 3:55 would make a great difference for u. looks super clean i like the one piece headlights. i have a set waiting to go on after i have the car repainted

threw the upr power pipe on today cut the hole bigger in the fender, and mocked everything up and I'm very happy with the install super easy and it is a great product. can't wait to button everything up and be able to test drive the car once winter is over. it was cold as **** in the garage doing this today with the temperature being a high of only 2 degrees lol but it was still a fun install lol
    IMG_1507.jpgIMG_1514.jpgIMG_1510.jpgIMG_1509.jpg

Junior SCH Member
    Looks awesome, be glad you ditched the a/c that makes install a bit more challenging. I guess I'm spoiled out here I got to go out driving around today at 70* and not a cloud in sight

yea the a/c was gutted years ago back when it was stock no need for it up here lol 70* day I'm jealous i need to move somewhere warmer lol

Junior SCH Member
    We have heat waves of over 100* here so no way I would remove the ac

i might not get any track times in with this paxton setup i just bought a vortech SQ supercharger kit and want to install and re tune so its ready for summertime but we will see how it goes id like to see what i could run with the paxton but all depends on how long this shitty winter lasts

92 hatch- 331 stroker w/paxton sn2000
    86 4eye coupe- built 306/ soon to be solid roller 421 windsor