Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems

Junior SCH Member
    I would call procharger and make sure that the chip is NOT calibrated for the 30's since your meter is doing the calibrating. If the chip is cal'd then the car would run very lean and likely pop and carry on like you described.

Chris

Junior SCH Member
    This may be a stupid question but could you have possibly crossed a couple of plug wires? It just seems really odd that you can't rev past 2800 RPM's. I don't know about you but I don't see any boost until 3000 RPM's so I don't think you're experiencing spark blow out or anything like that. Also, could you have possibly hooked up the FMU backwards? Believe me I'm no expert but I remember reading somewhere about an FMU being hooked up backwards caused a loss of Fuel Pressure. Just my input, good luck.

Justin
    94 GT, with ..........NOTHING yet.

Junior SCH Member
    I rotated the MAF and bam she runs like a champ! Thanks a ton for the help.

Originally posted by WA2FAST
    You do want to clock your MAF so that your sample tube is on the outside of the bend before it.
    Just like I said before... this is how you want to position your MAF. I am not sure if this is going to solve your problem completely though, sounds like some sort of callibration is bad. Have you pulled your chip out to see how the car runs like that? I wouldn't suggest running the car in boost, but you could see how it runs at least.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    This is a common problem when going to a blow through setup where there is a bend both before and after the air meter. We put the first blowthrough meter into Michael Plummers car years ago and it has functioned flawlessly but there is a pretty decent straight run before the meter. In the 96 and up cars where the meter goes inside the fender instead of in the engine compartment there is really no way to put the meter where there is a straight run of tubing. Because the air travels on the outside of the tube at low airflow, the sample tube must be on the outside of the bend. The problem with this is that it will tend to run rich at the top of the curve. If the chip is not custom tuned for the car, then you may not have an optimal a/f ratio throughout the whole curve. One option is to get a Pro-M Univer which draws it's air sample from 360deg around the meter. They tend to be quite a bit more accurate. Even then, I suggest finding a dyno with an A/F meter and make a pull.... check to make sure it is safe. Once you do get it tuned however, just a small rotation of the ait meter will affect the tuneup. Take care to make sure it always goes back in the exact same way it comes out.

Michael Freedman

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah, saturday she's going on the wideband to make sure I'm going to be safe. I bumped the FMU on the rich side just to make sure though, I can run riche all day long, but lean just a few times. The Pro M universal was going to be a winter project, I just purchased a home so mod money is tight, doh!