Thread: looking into a-trim...have questions

looking into a-trim...have questions

hey there, im looking into purchasing an a-trim. im sure you guys can share some info/tips youve accumilated along the way to make things easier, run more boost, etc. i have some s.c.'ing knowlege but have no experience on the install. please tell me what gains i can expect with the mods in my sig(at entry level)....any added info is always appreciated!
    thanx
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

Junior SCH Member
    The installation instructions are pretty good. Go to Vortech's website, download the instructions and review. Gives you a good sense of what's involved.

I don't know about the b-cam but if you run more than 5-6 psi, I would upgrade the injectors to minimum 30# with an FMU and either get a t-rex inline pump or go walbro 255 GSS340 high pressure.
    '91 GT (Original Owner)
    SC-trim w/ bypass, TFS Street intake, 65 mm FMS TB, 7" crank pulley, Morpheus pipe, 30# FMS injectors, 255 GSS340 Walbro, 3.55's, 1 5/8 shorties, Magnaflow catback

appreciate the info! i actually swapped my stock injectors back in. i was running the 24lb.'ers but was having some serious rich conditions. i put the 19lb.'ers back in & upped the f.p. abit & it runs a heck of alot better. i figured the 24's with the a-trim would suffice fine, even with my 190lph pump.........ill deffinately keep a close eye on my air/fuel when i upgrade!
    thanx again!
    -justin

DSS 306, S-trim, TFS trackheats, TFS trackheat intake, TFS stg 1 cam, Tremec....tons of cooling, suspension, exhaust, ignition, fuel & tuning parts that would take up too much space!

Junior SCH Member
    read the post on upping the boost those were my numbers anf the a-trim performed flawlessly. you have to understand your pulley siae and engine RPM are important when you figure how hard you are on you supercharger. my experience with FMU's and injectors is go big injectors and lose the FMU. if you can get to a dyno after the install you can look at your A/F ratio. an FMU will dump a butt load of fuel back into the system adn you'll see it on the dyno. where as the big injectors can handle the extra load of boost condition. as long as you do not go lean you'll be fine. your 19lb injectors and the FMU are good to like 10psi i would guess. that is what I was seeing here in denver (5500ft) and i never went lean.

but that is just my experience. good luck the a-trim is a solid piece to start with and real easy to upgrade t s-impeller specs.