Thread: I need a head unit ASAP !

Senior SCH Member

I need a head unit ASAP !

MY SN89 crapped out after 5 years..Cant really complain..Looking to upgrade to something else running a Crate 340HP ford racing motor..What would you all recommend something better..I have 3 dead cores..I need something that will bolt up to sn89 bracket.

Outside of a VR4, I don't think you'll find anything "better" (ie. more flow, more boost pressure, etc...) that will fit the SN89 brackets.

If you're willing to modify the brackets, then you might be able to go with something newer like a Novi 2000 or a ProCharger unit, but if you're going to that effort it'll probably be a lot less hassle to get new brackets. Just my $0.02.

Senior SCH Member
    yeah I just want to bolt up and go..maybe sn93 on SN2000 I have been talking with Cliff at CUND racing..Trying to find replacement..
    I basically have 3 core units two sn89's and a GSS unit..How hard are these to rebuild whats total cost involed..I remember someone had tutorial was it you Michael?

All the superchargers you've mentioned - SN89, SN93, SN2000 and the GSS - are basically the same with only slight variations to their internals. But their output, both CFM and boost, will be about the same so there will be no gain in performance. However, on the plus side they will all bolt up to your brackets without issue.

The nice thing about these ball-drive blowers is that they are relatively easy to rebuild and the cost of doing so yourself isn't too bad at all. Craig @ Paradise Wheels sells complete rebuild kits for all SN blowers, as I'm sure Cliff @ CUNDN Racing does. If you search around the forum here you'll find a couple of different threads outlining disassembly and reassembly (member Pavement Pounde had a good rebuild thread I believe). I had posted the disassembly procedure I was going through with my own SN89, but I never got around to the reassembly. I'd like to get back to that soon though.

Disassembly thread: http://www.superchargerhelp.com/show...ilt-their-SN-s

Senior SCH Member
    Probably just going to let craig rebuild it for me in exchange for my other sn89