Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
been seeing a decline in boost over time, where did it go???

Thread: been seeing a decline in boost over time, where did it go???

Question been seeing a decline in boost over time, where did it go???

I have been seeing a decline in boost over time, where did it go???
    granted i've changed camshafts several times, and just never have gotten close to the same boost levels.
    i know that a better breathing cam can make more power while causing less boost [backpressure].
    but it should have only lost 0.5-2.0# of boost from the changes

i've also sped up the blower speed with reduced size pulleys to redline the blower speed at the engines redline.
    i've also made sure that the pulleys are not allowing belt slip by treating them with carbinite plasma arc coating, the belt is a maintenance item now as it is sacrificial...
    these changes did not seem to have an effect on the boost, but blower speed is where it should be, and the belt will not slip

i've moved onto checking for leaking hose connections on tubing from blower to intercooler onto the carb hat.
    also checked the hat to carb gasket.
    i've looked the intercooler over closely for any cracks on fittings, bulging-cracked-torn end caps...
    i checked the airfilter for restriction=no
    i checked the impeller/inducer fins and there was no noticed defects...

the engine is running great got 12"of steady vacuum at idle speed
    it rev's quickly to redline and feels very strong doing it on only 6#'s of boost...
    i should be seeing another 6-9#'s of boost on my configuration
    this engine was a raging beast when it had 14-15#'s of boost when first put together

so i've called tech support with this info and that i suspect my open race bypass valve of bleeding off my boost
    they agreed that a torn diaphram and/or vacuum lines/fittings could cause my symptoms
    so i'm going to look into it further = for where is my friggen boost

did I miss anything ???

replaced crank and head pulleys
    and new belt, heat cycled and retightened
    boost is back in the 12#range,
    i'm at a mile high elevation though