Thread: BELT & INJECTOR QUESTIONS

Junior SCH Member

BELT & INJECTOR QUESTIONS

I am installing an SN89 on my 92 Mustang. It came with everything except for the belt. Does anyone know the length or part number for the 6 rib belt? Also, it seems that the accessory belt is now too long. I still have the a/c and I have a smog pump delete bracket installed. The other issue that I foresee is that the belt tensioner seems to be hitting the water pump pulley. Will the correct size belt keep the tensioner off of the water pump pulley?

My other issue is that I am not sure what size injectors to use. It is a stock bottom end with Trick Flow twisted wedge heads, Trick Flow stage 1 cam & Trick Flow Intake. I have 30lb injectors. Will they be enough.

Thanks,
    Frank

Senior SCH Member
    The accessory belt has to end in 93 which is the legnth. Dayco part number 5060930 which is available at autozone or advance auto or anywhere they can cross reference the number to. I had to figure that out to. With the work you have done i would go with 42# injectors I just changed from the 36 because I went with the vr4 upgrade. The end number on the stock belt for the blower is 50 which is 50 inches. Anymore questions feel free to ask. But 42s will work good for you to.

Senior SCH Member
    I also had to use a shorter belt with mine. I have an '86 Mustang GT which uses the larger water pump pulley. The stock belt length (92.3 inches long) is too long in that case too. I settled in on a 91.5 inch long belt for my application. That's about 1" shorter in my case.