Thread: Rebuild SN93 for 90 Fox

Junior SCH Member

Rebuild SN93 for 90 Fox

I just bought a used SN93 self lubed version for my fox body. The unit has been sitting for a while and may have the flat spots people talk about. What parts are needed to rebuild? Is it just the ball bearings that go bad when sitting?
    I found a place in Texas C.U.N.D.N. racing that sells complete kits or you can get just the balls,bearings and gaskets for a 3rd of the price.
    Any info on the rebuild and the place in Texas would be great Im new to this style of charger/application.

Senior SCH Member
    Sitting will not hurt these units.

Notches like detents usually indicate a new impeller shaft and balls will be required. Do searches and you will find lots of info. If you are technically savvy you may want to rebuild it yourself.

Most people use Craig at Paradise wheels since he is better priced and owns the rights to these older Paxton SN superchargers. He will also be able to give you technical advise.

Junior SCH Member
    Yup talked to Craig yesterday and ordered my parts. I have the unit apart and the carrier is pretty beat up and the balls are nicked pretty good so im replacing them and the bearings.

Senior SCH Member
    Excellent, you are well on your way!