Thread: Any Single Belters out there? Some install Qs

Junior SCH Member

Any Single Belters out there? Some install Qs

Hey guys, I'm in the midst of a single belt install. Yesterday I just got the bracketry mounted, and oil pan tapped. I went to mockup the actual supercharger and I'm getting interference with the A/C line, fuel lines, and my fuel pressure gauge. (For those wondering, I have a single belt setup and it places the supercharger about two inches closer to the motor)

Before I get to bending everything, is there a better way to make it fit?IMG_20160828_194617.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DenverStang; 08-28-2016 at 09:51 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    Adding another image for reference. With the smog delete, on a single belt setup I'm using a gates belt of K061015. This barely slipped on with the tensioner as far out as it would go. I will add that i have an F-150 crank pulley and cobra water pump pulley. IMG_20160923_140027.jpg

Junior SCH Member
    More updates for posterity.... I did get everything under the hood mounted, the next issue was getting the discharge tube and the intake piping to work. This was a used Novi 1000 that didn't come with a discharge tube.

Since the single belt Novi 1000 sits further toward the firewall by about an inch or two (this is an estimate) compared to a two belt system, I had to order a Paxton Novi1000 discharge tube for a two belt system and then cut it to size because it too long for a single belt. As a double check to make sure you are following me, the discharge tube is longer because the distance from the throttle body to the compressor outlet is an inch or two further in a two belt setup. As a piece of advice, cut less than you think you should, you can always cut more. If you cut too much you will be buying another expensive all metal discharge tube.

I had a similar issue with the intake piping because there is no way on earth a PRO-M 80mm fits where the stock airbox used to be. The compressor takes up some of that space. My two options for intake piping wee custom routing or to try the andersen powerpipe. UPR also makes a power pipe, but I went for the Andersen metal one. I emailed Andersen to see if they knew anything about fitment on a single belt kit and they told me it wouldn't work. Using the search function in this forum told me otherwise. When I ordered the Andersen Power Pipe, I just made sure to tell them I had a "Novi 2000" so they got the correct 4" compressor outlet rubber elbows. When the kit came in, I cut the hole in the fender in the recommended location for a TWO BELT setup. This meant that I had to modify the rubber elbow to fit. I would much rather modify the rubber elbow and not the metal power pipe. To get the proper alignment of the power pipe and MAF in the fender, I had to cut off roughly .5" off both ends of the rubber elbow. THEN I had to remove the compressor completely from the bracketry, mount the elbow, force the rubber elbow on the compressor, then rebolt the compressor into place and put the belt back on. I did this with the radiator out of the car, as well FYI.

Junior SCH Member
    Another Update: After getting the car started and putting some miles on it, I had a massive oil leak. It turns out I neglected to change the routing of the PCV system. I had to change the following items, cap both ends of the vacuum line running from the throttle body to oil filler neck. Then change the oil filler cap to a cap with a breather in it. next install a turbocoupe pcv check valve in place of the stock valve. It is more robust and can handle the boost. After I fixed those items, then there were no leaks or issues.

The only other issues i have had is that I needed a smaller belt, i ran out of adjustment with the K061015 the next size down is K061010 and it was difficult to slip it on but it works much better.