Thread: Is there any REAL rebuild tips or info out there?

Junior SCH Member

Is there any REAL rebuild tips or info out there?

So is there any real source for rebuild info? Does anyone have any tips? I know the stock answer is search "rebuild" because there is supposed to be all this information but the most I have learned from the 14 pages of results that come up when I search "rebuild" is either aside from Craig and 2 other people nobody has a clue or that aside from 2 people nobody wants to share the information. Given the number of people who have claimed to have rebuilt them and that they are soooo easy I doubt everyone is clueless.

But nobody could even give an answer to "how to remove the dust covers on the housing bolts".
    Aside from Granetelli posting an accurate exploded view and the list of standard p/n s for bearings and seals there is no real information to assist a rebuild aside from "just send it to Craig" or "call Craig".

This is supposed to be superchargerHELP.com so who wants to help?
    Does any one have rebuild info or tips on one of these SN units? If so share.

You're having trouble removing bolt dust covers...?

I've looked through the exploded parts image you're referring to, and I can't find any mention of bolt dust covers on it. Can you post a photo of these things? I've pulled my own SN89 apart and don't recall any bolt dust covers.

Junior SCH Member
    I got mine out but I was referring to someone who asked for info for how to remove them and didn't get any answer at all. I told him how I got mine out. I tossed mine otherwise I would have taken some pictures of how I did it. But my point is that no one is giving any actual tips for rebuilds. Does anyone have any actual tips or info? I have not rebuilt one before and just want to know what to expect as well as everyone else who had asked questions. Anything I learn I will be more than happy to share.