Thread: Weiand Poor Blower Polish

Junior SCH Member

Weiand Poor Blower Polish

Hello,

Decided to be my own Santa for Xmas and purchased a Weiand 6-71 Polished Blower for a future project. I am quite disappointed on the quality of the polishing job to the blower case. As you can see from the attached pictures, there is still heavy pitting areas in the case and overall it has a dull finish. Some of the areas are within easy access, so its more of an good enough effort than hard to reach effort.

While it might be possible to clean up the finish, it would be a much larger effort to remove the pitting, essentially one would have to send it to a shop to have it re-polished.

I don't blame Summit, in fact they did a great job of shipping it to me in two days and I appreciated the free shipping.

But, I would caution anyone who is considering purchasing one that, if you thinking this large amount of money will get you a show quality 6-71 Blower you will be disappointed. You might want to consider purchasing your blower from someone else that Holley, perhaps from BDS or Dyers.

When I contacted Holley, here is what their response was:

Looking at these pictures this is normal pitting that is expected for a cast part. While the pitting is heavier than most it still is within reason for a cast part. If you would like summit to send you a replacement they can but it could be the same or it could be better. Every cast is a little different. It takes a fair amount of time to grind and polish one of these and some of the tight spots are difficult to get to. For a show quality polish job would take considerably more man hours to get which would drive up cost of production. So to keep cost reasonable we polish to a good overall shine but not show quality and is not advertised as such. I am sorry you was not satisfied with the quality.

My take on their response, was that Holley profit overrides quality and pride in workmanship and there is no point in exchanging because you could get one just as bad or worse.

IMG_2691.jpgIMG_2690.jpgIMG_2689.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images

wow that sure is not what i would expect either when going for a polished blower