Thread: Paxton prototype granatelli supercharger

Senior SCH Member

Paxton prototype granatelli supercharger

There is one of those listed on ebay now that was the baddest paxton ever made very limited build! I seen it on here in an old forum!

Junior SCH Member
    That's funny, was just going to post about this. Asking a lot of money though. No rebuild parts available and you will need a custom bracket made up. Just don't see the value when you can get something new that you can get parts for if need be. Would this fit on an SN92? States SN93
    Where on this forum have you seen it? I cannot locate it.
    Ebay link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paxton-PROTOTYPE-Granatelli-Supercharger-High-output-one-of-a-kind-gear-drive-/172829489042?hash=item283d70b792:g:Q24AAOSw~RNZmie J&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by Winchester73; 08-22-2017 at 03:17 PM. Reason: link not working

Senior SCH Member
    Get on ebay type in paxton supercharger then scroll down you will see it. There's also a vr4 by the same seller for sale. The bracket is the same bracket for any an series blower. The case was just made bigger inside. I read the write up about it. Joey granatelli said it was made bullet proof.

The blower in the eBay auction is not the blower Joe Granatelli was referring to (which was posted about a few years ago).

I know because I own the blower in question. And it doesn't look ANYTHING like the one in that eBay auction.

The one in the eBay auction was a made by another company that used to rebuild/restore old Studebakers (if memory recalls). It wasn't something Paxton ever developed.

The real Paxton prototype blower was slated to be introduced as the Novi GSS, and you're right - it was bullet proof. According to Joe Granatelli, he had it bolted up to his Tahoe as a test mule and he couldn't get the thing to break to save his life. Unfortunately, the drive mechanism - and it's very complex oiling system - proved to be too expensive to put into production. So in the end, the Novi GSS was introduced as a tricked-out SN ball-drive blower, while Paxton went to work on a revised gear drive design that would prove to be more economically viable to produce. This was later introduced as the Paxton Novi 2000.

Senior SCH Member
    Michael, I thought when I seen the impeller it didn't look right it looks like a movie 1220 impeller the one on eBay. If you have the pics of the original one can you post it?

I don't have many photos of the prototype supercharger. I really should take more. But here's a few that I could dig up.

71.jpg 70.jpg 60.jpg

Senior SCH Member
    Awesome superchargwrwish they would have made them.