Thread: maf calibration n/a or s/c ?

Senior SCH Member

Post maf calibration n/a or s/c ?

so i recently purchased a pro-m 80 maf for next to nothing for a 96-98 cobra and am going to send it in to pro m to have it re-calibrated and i remember reading in this forum about saying to use a n/a curve instead of a s/c curve but i cant seem to find any info on this i'm thinking I've read somewhere they add 12% more fuel up top with a supercharged curve and i do believe this is true..i have a 75 mm bullet with the s/c curve for 42 lb injectors and it runs like 10.5.1 to 9.3.1 on my wide band full throttle so if i send this meter in just say its for a naturally aspirated engine ?

Junior SCH Member
    I'm sure you know this but I'm just going to throw it out there. Their is no such thing as a "calibrated" MAF. None of the big three or for the matter anyone calibrates their mass air. All its doing is tricking the ECU. This was the only way to change injectors back in the day but technology has changed a lot.
    I'd either make the change myself directly into the ecu or have someone tune it for you. My 93 Cobra came with a "calibrated" Pro M from the previous owner. I ditched it for a slot style PMAS MAF and had it dyno tuned. Night and day difference.
    How much is Pro M going to charge to have it re-calibrated? Are you running 42lb injectors? 9.3 is really rich for a NA motor. Where I had my car tuned at they charge $400 for a NA dyno tune.
    Why are you changing it if you don't mind me asking? Changing your MAF isn't really going to do anything unless your engine is breathing a lot better then it did stock.
    The PMAS did come with a lighting curve but the tuner can change that to what ever he wants.

Anyway I hope you get it situated and good luck!

Senior SCH Member
    yes i understand the calibration is to try to scale the stock curve to match the larger injectors..as of right now i have no plans to get it tuned..which is why the question on the calibration..it is on a supercharged H,C,I engine with 42lb inj.. the cost to re calibrate is $100... i have been running a s/c on a pmas meter for years, idle and overall drive ability is good except at full throttle...I have ran a best of 122 mph in the quarter mile with this setup.. i just came across this meter and wanted to try something different..but i can not find the info i read somewhere on this site talking about the meter calibration with no tune sorry if my initial question was vague..