Thread: Paxton VR4 supercharger for sale with extra scroll cover

SCH Member

Paxton VR4 supercharger for sale with extra scroll cover

I am selling a Paxton VR4 supercharger. With an extra rear scroll cover. It can be seen on Ebay item number is 123000478436

thanks for looking

89LX , u10166 , Todd

Senior SCH Member
    How many miles are on it and what is the inch lbs set at?

SCH Member
    I bought it and never used it. I have a stock 5.0 block and with an SN2000 with the HO impeller 4” inlet plumbing and 3” to the tail pipe tips im getting 7-8 PSI so I never bothered with anymore as it will crack the block at over 500 horsepower.
    Im on the edge of that now 58cc heads etc. I have no idea how many miles are on it but it looks ok at a glance to me? I would open it up and check it out to be sure of what you have just to be safe.
    I just turn it by hand and it is tight and it moves a great deal of air. I personally don’t think there is anything wrong with it.

Junior SCH Member
    I seen this on ebay but IMO & that's all that it is, an opinion.
    $2,000 is a ton of money for something so old. And Craig at Paradise told me a week ago he's in the process of making another run of VR4's. They will be $625 for the rear cover and impeller.
    I have a 93 cobra mustang that has a SN92 on it. Other then that & the supporting upgrades you need it's all original. So I enquired about a VR4 simply because I'd like to keep the bolt ons from the time period.
    Either way good luck with your sale.

SCH Member
    If you go back in the SN post you will see that I was the one pushing for Craig to produce more and had started the list of names. He never came through on his
    Promise to make more even to this day. He has been telling everyone he is going to but it just doesnt happen? Nimesh Solanki had a run and was getting 1800.00 for his kit to convert your head unit. So anyway best of luck with your project too.

Senior SCH Member
    I look at it this way his price isn't bad. Look at what your getting a vortech v3 si has max of 1100 c.f.m a sn2000 with a h.p impeller makes that. The vr4 is in comparison to the novi 2000 4" inlet 3" outlet. And you saying about a stock block. Mine is stock and I have the vr4 on it. And it's making 11 psi at 5000 r.p.m these old ball drives were really thought out. They are a good blower. I've read horror stories on the gear driven blowers to. And these old sn series blowers spool up way faster than a new vortech or paxton.

Senior SCH Member
    And a vr4 can put out 1400 c.f.m of air flow pretty good old blower.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I look at it this way his price isn't bad. Look at what your getting a vortech v3 si has max of 1100 c.f.m a sn2000 with a h.p impeller makes that. The vr4 is in comparison to the novi 2000 4" inlet 3" outlet. And you saying about a stock block. Mine is stock and I have the vr4 on it. And it's making 11 psi at 5000 r.p.m these old ball drives were really thought out. They are a good blower. I've read horror stories on the gear driven blowers to. And these old sn series blowers spool up way faster than a new vortech or paxton.
    This may come across harsh but your comment is as full of holes as a clay pigeon. A few months ago you made a post saying how your VR4 which was just rebuild with a new kit lasted 50 miles. Then it took a **** on Thanksgiving? But now its awesome. Just saying.

And I do think 89LX is correct. I don't think Craig will ever have new VR4's made. He told me he was $10K short from starting the project. Between that and the decades old posts about how he was taking for ever to build them at a time when they made more sense to buy then now yeah, I don't see it either.

Senior SCH Member
    Well it was only a fraction of the money to rebuild the vr4 compared to buying a vortech. Also 11 psi out of that old blower is pretty darn good! I'm sure the vortech is a good blower but I didn't have the money to go experimenting again so I stayed where I was.

Senior SCH Member
    Yes and they are very easy to rebuild.

Senior SCH Member
    And yes they do spool up faster than the gear driven paxton's and vortechs.