Thread: Has anyone drilled case for oil cooler?

Junior SCH Member

Has anyone drilled case for oil cooler?

Has anyone drilled the case for a oil cooler? I am aware companies sell the dipstick cooler.

Junior SCH Member
    I know people have and posted info on it here. Your going to have to look pretty far back to find them.
    I'd just Fab a pick up or buy one. But you already know that.

Junior SCH Member
    I found a few post about it but couldn't get the pictures to work. I got it in my head how I want to do it. I wanted to see how other people done it before I pulled the trigger.

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah photo bucket really screwed up a lot of forums. Some of the pictures you can still view though. As long as it says
    "is this your photo please upgrade". While using Chrome right click image and click on "open image in new tab". That works for me anyhow. If it shows a pictures of a kitten and says picture missing or something then that means it was deleted from that users photobucket.
    You can use firefox too. Right click and click on view image info. A link will pop up. Copy and paste that link.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winchester73 View Post
    Yeah photo bucket really screwed up a lot of forums. Some of the pictures you can still view though. As long as it says
    "is this your photo please upgrade". While using Chrome right click image and click on "open image in new tab". That works for me anyhow. If it shows a pictures of a kitten and says picture missing or something then that means it was deleted from that users photobucket.
    You can use firefox too. Right click and click on view image info. A link will pop up. Copy and paste that link.
    Thanks I'll try that.

Junior SCH Member
    I drilled and tapped mine. Just make sure the fitting will clear the mounting bracket. I machined a return line fitting for the dipstick tube. Makes for a clean install.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gikort View Post
    I drilled and tapped mine. Just make sure the fitting will clear the mounting bracket. I machined a return line fitting for the dipstick tube. Makes for a clean install.
    Thanks for the info. What pump did you end up using?

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffneck View Post
    Thanks for the info. What pump did you end up using?
    I just bought a 12v low pressure pump off ebay. I think I paid like $18 for it or something. Still going strong.