Thread: Different mount for mustang

Junior SCH Member

Different mount for mustang

hello, I was just looking though all the good info here and noticed all the mounts for ford 302s and 351s are different then what I have. Is mine a custom 1 off or is it from an old design? any and all help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior SCH Member
    I'm only familiar with the foxbody brackets that came in the kits. Which means I know just enough to be dangerous.
    That bracket for the alternator looks entirely different then what I have. Whats the spring for near that tensioner pulley?
    Over the years I've seen quite a few custom made brackets on the internet. Thats probably what you have but again, I'm not that familiar with the brackets. What block is that on?

Junior SCH Member
    it's on a factory 91 mustang 5.0 block. the spring keeps tension on the pulley since the factory tensioner wouldn't work.

Junior SCH Member
    Though I'm almost certain it's not this but I work at a restoration shop. We have an old Avanti that came from the factory with a Paxton SN60. The brackets look similar but it's hard to see because engine is still in it.
    Is that spring tensioner for the serpentine belt & not the belt for the charger? I ask because I dont think a spring loaded tensioner is enough for the charger belt. The paxton one is locked into place by two bolts & the belt will still get loose at times.
    If you haven't looked a few posts below is the install manual for an SN89 or 92. it should have good pictures of the bracket.

Junior SCH Member
    yes I is just how you described but i added a 60-80lb spring to act like a factory to it self adjusts

Junior SCH Member
    it seems the ones I have seen have an aluminum support that looks molded with reinforced webs and flat bracket

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah thats exactly what came in the kits. This site has some good pictures.
    https://www.cundnracing.com/PaxtonSN...tionParts.html