Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vr4 info

Junior SCH Member
    370 is probably right i made 345 on a dyno and I ran 12.4s. 88 or 89 GTA

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffneck View Post
    I believe you would be close but it's going to make alot of heat. If you added meth to bring the iats down. The 36s are going to be close to being maxed out and your probably going to need about 300lph fuel or more to support it.
    Not worried about changing Injectors that's easy with a Holley hp the fuel pump is a 340 lph walbro already..meth injection is a must we have that on her other one..also going to run the paxton oil cooler to help heat in the head unit

Junior SCH Member
    Sounds like you're good to go then. I'm putting together a gen1 Lightning now with a VR4. It's stock other than 36# injectors and a holley hp. Man I love the Holley. I've went to the Holley school last year well worth the money in my opinion.

SCH Member
    Holley is awesome I changed the shops tune I was afraid lol he had the wot timing set a little high for my blood and he had air fuel 13.0 at wot but now im wondering if I should put it back and have her a take a pass see how it performs if I can get this to run 11.9x I'd be pretty happy considering it's full weight and still retains AC lol

Junior SCH Member
    VR4 has a lot of potential for vintage Paxton superchargers as well. Hopefully Craig gets some impellers and kits developed. I've experimented with VR4 style impellers and the increase in boost and cfm's is significant over the traditional SN/SN high efficiency impeller. I'm using the improved SN impellers in the vintage VR57 supercharger rebuilds which are converted to SN type internals. I looking forward to am introduction of VR4 impellers for my '57 Ford with VR57/SN blower.

Senior SCH Member
    I currently have a vr4 on a 93 5.0 mustang and it is beyond fast low 11s but it makes tons of heat!! You need a bigger cooler than what he gives you! He gave me wrong races in a rebuild also. I was very annoyed!! The vr4 was the ball drive of the novi 2000!! The vr4 is a good blower!!!

Senior SCH Member
    I would at least go with 42# with the vr4

Junior SCH Member
    New billet VR4 Impellers and Rear Housing Modifications are finally available at Supercharger Rebuilds out of Dallas,Texas.

You can contact them at sales@superchargerrebuilds.com