Thread: I think my Novi is dying a slow death.......

I think my Novi is dying a slow death.......

Well I have noticed that out of nowhere about 3 days ago my Novi 1k is starting to make a real high pitched reereeereeer growling noise.

I was hoping it was just the alternator bearings so I put on a bunch of my different length belts in various accessory configurations. Everything was quiet until I hooked the blower back up. I noticed that when I turned the blower by hand that it made the same reeeerreeer noise. I don't remember ever hearing this before when I hand spun the thing but I may be wrong. The weird thing is it feels very smooth to the hand when you turn the pulley.

It still runs great and makes boost but I am nervous that if something comes apart it may contaminate my oil system.

One of the first things I did was to check the oil jet and oil flow but that all checks out great.

I am guessing that I may have to pull it off this week and send the thing in. I am a little nervous about sending it in and I don't know why.

Kelly if you see this please give me some ideas on what it could be.

I will probably be trying to contact you sometime soon.

I wanted to go to the track tommorrow weather permitting but now I am unsure.

This sucks and I really don't want to do this right now.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Bad news Steve :(

The biggest problem with this is the wait - it will be 2-3 weeks when your blower arrives at Paxton. Is there oil coming out from the discharge or inlet?

I would suggest you not take it to the track nor push the car too hard.

Kelly is out at a race with a team, so he will not be back in the office until next week. Give him a call, and he can help you out.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    how's that noice go again?:D
    Wade Marbut

"Noone likes a knowitall who sits around talking about their genitalia" - Hank Hill

'98 GT (slow as a snail on valium)
    '02 Maxima SE

Now is the time to upgrade to a REAL blower. I see a Novi2K in your future:D . Sorry that your blower is dying, but look at it as a positive.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Ok guys sorry I have not been in here for a while.

After some more checking into things this is what I think may have happened. With my e cam in the car the engine really rocks in the mounts(yes the mounts are good). I think the scroll has been getting pounded into the hood since my supercharger rubs on the hood full time even with outlet clocked all the way over that it has literally shifted the scroll on the housing to the point of very slight rubbage on the impeller. I will know more soon.

LOL if it is dying I'm really not sure what the hell would make the noise because the bearings feel great.
    It is a little bit premature at this point to say she is really dying and to the point of failure.

Yes doug there may be some upgradage of supers in my future.:)
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).