Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WMS Pro-Velocity Power Pipe results.......

Junior SCH Member

WMS Pro-Velocity Power Pipe results.......

I got mine in the mail last week and put it on the car this weekend. Install was pretty easy and I picked up 2-3lbs of boost, maybe more as it's really hard to look at the boost gauge, the road and the tach at the same time :D Also, I think you could pick up another pound of boost with a bigger K&N than the one that comes with the pipe.

Robert
    00gt D1SC
    400RWHP
    379RWTQ

11.7 @ 119
    7.5 @ 93

No kidding... that's pretty impressive if you ask me. I bet there are going to be a lot of people ordering that baby up here shortly! 2-3lbs of boost is a huge difference. It's always good to actually see a difference when money is spent. Get that baby on the dyno and get some numbers in this post!
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    I got mine on this past Saturday. This thing looks great on the charger!!! I also picked up 2 psi of boost and it gave my charger a different sound man I love this pipe I wish they would have came out with it sooner!!!

Junior SCH Member
    It does look a lot better than the plastic piece of crap, I also notice the different sound your talking about, and you cant complain about the extra boost.
    00gt D1SC
    400RWHP
    379RWTQ

11.7 @ 119
    7.5 @ 93

Junior SCH Member
    Went to the track, and with only changes being gears (4.30's to 3.90's) cut outs, and the WMS Power Pipe, my trap speed went from 113 to 119.

Robert
    00gt D1SC
    400RWHP
    379RWTQ

11.7 @ 119
    7.5 @ 93

I've never heard of this wms power pipe. Where do you get one, how much are they, and will they work with a D-1SC on a '94 Cobra? Thanks
    '94 Cobra, Procharged 10psi, otherwise mostly stock - 400rwhp 412tq

Now more boost and more horses

Best e.t. - don't ask
    Best trap - 119.3

New 347 combo coming soon - shooting for daily driving 600rwhp

Z's Cobra... go to this site:
    http://www.geocities.com/skiboyracing/fms.html

The WMS PowerPipe is only for mod motor cars... they have a passangers side mount charger, so they have a little more flexability than you as far as ducting goes (but not much). Anyway, that link is to ponyboy19's home made powerpipe, there he explains exactly what parts you need and how to build it. That is about the best that I have seen for your car.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    Just got mine in the mail; can't wait to put it on. My boost was maxing out at 8 even though I had a 10# pulley on, maybe this will help. Can you guys post some pics so I can get some idea of the install process? Thanks.
    99 Cobra vert
    P-1sc @ 8#, Pro-M Univer, WMS velocity tube,42#, MAC H and cat back
    Eibach pros, Bilstein HDs, KB cc plates, strut tower brace, shock tower brace, Steeda subframe conn
    393 rwhp on crappy CA gas

desertsnake... do you have belt slippage? That seems to be the most common problem, especially with the serpentine belt setups.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    I have an 8lb pulley and I see close to 10 on the guage....is that right????
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by WA2FAST
    desertsnake... do you have belt slippage? That seems to be the most common problem, especially with the serpentine belt setups.
    No belt slippage that I can tell (no black dust). My guess is either a leak somewhere or that the charger has an out of spec impeller and loses efficiency at high speeds (that's what my dyno tuner thinks). My dyno sheet shows no power gains over 5000 rpm, just flat to 7000. Any guesses?
    99 Cobra vert
    Eibach pros, Bilstein HDs, KB cc plates, strut tower brace, shock tower brace, Steeda subframe conn

desertsnake... I am willing to bet you have belt slippage... most modular motors do (but not all) for some reason. There is a replacement tensioner that you can get that will definately help. Throw that on with a little bit of belt dressing and then see where you are as far as boost. Like I said, I am willing to bet that you are getting belt slipage, very common.

blue 02... You are the other side of the spectrum. I installed the P1SC kit w/3-core on a buddies 97... slipped like crazy, supposed to make 12lbs, made around 8-9 consistantly. He got fed up with it and the car in general and sold the kit to another friend. We did the install on his car (96) and he saw 14lbs consistantly and the all so famous 15lb spike that floated the heads causing numerous head-gasket replacements and head studs... and eventualy blown out ring lans because the heads no longer floated (something had to give). Same note... another friend, 97, P600B, 10lb kit, never saw over 8lbs... replaced the tensioner with the new replacement part, 10lbs all day long now.

Seeing too little boost 9 times out of 10 is slippage, usualy there are no signs of it either. Seeing too much boost is always a welcome thing (within reason) and again common. Modular motors seem to react one way or the other. Maybe 97's had a bad year for the tensioner... who knows.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the info!!! BTW this site is pretty cool!
    2003 10th Aniv. Cobra

No problem. Glad you enjoy the site! It's actually growing quite rapidly. More and more users every day, some great posts and replies. Hope you make it one of your 'regular' sites to visit.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    Originally posted by WA2FAST
    desertsnake... I am willing to bet you have belt slippage... most modular motors do (but not all) for some reason. There is a replacement tensioner that you can get that will definately help. Throw that on with a little bit of belt dressing and then see where you are as far as boost. Like I said, I am willing to bet that you are getting belt slipage, very common.
    Can you give me some more info on the replacement tensioner (company) and belt dressing? Thanks
    99 Cobra vert