Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Throttle surges

Thread: Throttle surges

Junior SCH Member

Throttle surges

When apply steady throttle, the car surges. this happens in every gear. I can't figure it out. do I need to clean something? or, Do I need to adjust something. This is really pissing me off. Please Help.
    2001 TRUE BLUE MUSTANG GT

60FT: 1.90
    ET: 12.3
    MPH: 113.9

389.5 RWHP 387.7 RWTQ

In the Garage:
    2001 Supercharged Mustang GT
    2002 Eddie Bauer Expedition
    2003 FLHR Road King

Junior SCH Member
    mine is also surging or "bucking" under cruise conditions, freeway at around 2K rpm, bucks a little, not bad, boost gauge stays at -12psi vaccum and RPMS stay steady, just a slight bucking felt... Too rich??? That's the only thing I can think of..

I've heard that if you have a K/n style filter in your valve cover.. this will cause a 'bucky' idle.. I removed mine and it ran better.. but started blowing the dipstick out of the tube under hard acceleration.. So I ducktaped the oil dipstick down.. problem solved...for now... I'm in the process of putting a vacuum pump on, to help out with crank case pressures... has anyone done this?
    1993 LX 347, S-trim (renegade pulley) FoxLake Prepped TFS heads, Built C4 with 4500 stall, 525 rwhp, est. 10.5 @ 135 mph.

1993LX Silver with black interior, Cobra R's.. mostly stock.. MAC CatBack

Junior SCH Member
    I don't think that keeping all that pressure in the crankcase is good for the engine.. Besides that I just put a breather cap on my car because it was blowing the PCV out, and when it didn't do that it blew oil out of the dipstick. The bucking problem turned out to be my MAF sensor that I had "clocked" to get the car to stop surging at idle.. I re-positioned the MAF upright and the bucking went away, but the idle surging returned!! man you can't get a friggen break from this $hit!!

I had this problem last summer, same thing at cruising speeds. Come to find out I had a major vacumm leak. I had a bread box blower intake on and one of the AN fittings in the back had backed itself out. I put my Cobra intake back on anyway. Vacumm is back to around 20 at cruise speeds, no more bucking or surging. Check all your vacumm lines!!!
    You Must Be Fast, Cause You Were Flyin When I Passed You!