Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

S-trims w/ Drag Radials?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S-trims w/ Drag Radials?

Junior SCH Member

S-trims w/ Drag Radials?

Anybody running 275x40R17 NITTO drag radials on their fox bodied mustangs? I was either going to get those or a couple of MT ET Streets on a pair of 10 holes, 26x10.5x15 should do the trick, I'm spinning bad in first and second and still making 118mph in the 1/4.. Best ET I could get was a 12.69 with a 2.0 60ft.. 32psi in the 245x45ZR17's! If I can run these 275x40's without any clearance problems then this would be the way to go, otherwise I'll just get another set of rims and tires.. Slicks may be a little tough on the stock T5 though... lol..

I hear the Nittos are crappy,,, I would get a set of BFG DR's.. I ran an 11.92 on them with a slipping SC belt,,, I like the radial because I dont swap out my tires at the track and I use them on my car full time,, if you are going to swap tires at the track,, you are better off with a pair of slicks or DOT slicks,, you will be much happier,,, Bee

I use the BFG DR's also...275/60/15 and they are a great tire. Really doesn't take much to heat them up. I will be running mid 11's with them this year. Believe me I had the same problem with street tires. Now I can hook right on the street or if they spin, it's only in first and not very long. You need to get some sort of DR, it's too dangerous running without them.
    You Must Be Fast, Cause You Were Flyin When I Passed You!

Junior SCH Member
    Bee, what size DR's do you run? How long have they lasted?

And what size wheels do you run those BFG DR's 275x60R15's on?

I am running a 275/50/15 DR on a 15x10 Weld Draglight wheel,, I have had them for about 2 years now, this is only seeing the track 3-4 times within that 2 years,, and not using the car as my daily driver,, the tires still have some "tread" to them,, so I think they may take me to mid-season this year,,,, Bee

Senior SCH Member
    My nittos work great. I've been running 275/40r17 nitto drag radials for 2+ years now. I consistently pull low 1.7x 60ft times, my best 60ft time is a 1.68. I've run some mid to low 11s @ 123+ on the 17in nittos.

Troy
    1995 Mustang Cobra
    302-10.77 @ 127.76
    new motor being built
    redsnk@yahoo.com

owner/moderator
    http://www.stangtuning.com

I run the 275/60/15 BFG DR's on a 15x8 Weld draglite with 4.5 backspace. I really would rather have a 5.5 backspace because it's such a big tire = to a 28" tire, but I have rear coilovers so I adj. my ride height.
    You Must Be Fast, Cause You Were Flyin When I Passed You!

I had 275/40/17's on my non-blown car and love them.. I had Nitto's last year.. and have switched to BFG's this year.. I like the BFG's much better....

I run ET Streets 26/10.5-15's on my supercharged stang..I tried out the 17" Nitto's on it for a weekend last year.. (some sucker in a Supra wanted to race from a 60mph kick to 120).. I sucked his paint off... I liked the driveablilty of them over the ET Streets.. but could zero traction below 20 mph... Actually people behind me and the Supra.. said I left black marks 100' long from the 60mph kick...

anyways.. ET streets are great for traction.. suck for high speed driveability, and 17" drag radials suck for hard acceleration (over 450hp)... and are great for high speeds...

My 2-cents'

O and BTW Et Streets really really suck in the rain!!!! Make sure to watch your local forecast?!?!?
    1993 LX 347, S-trim (renegade pulley) FoxLake Prepped TFS heads, Built C4 with 4500 stall, 525 rwhp, est. 10.5 @ 135 mph.

1993LX Silver with black interior, Cobra R's.. mostly stock.. MAC CatBack

Junior SCH Member
    Hahah! Yeh, I don't doubt that ET Streets are bad in the rain, I'll have a set just for the track.. Actually, I just got an email today, a guy here locally has a set of 10 hole rims with practically brand new ET Drag 26x8.5x15's on them, I heard that the ET Street 10.5's are the same as 8.5's, but he only wants 200 for them so I think I'm gonna buy those.. Yeh they will be track only and they will be tough on the trans/rear but I gotta beef that stuff up sometime and what better way then to go out with a BANG! lol..

Guess I'll have to stick to my street tires for now, which are brand new anyways.... time to go racing!

Senior SCH Member
    bfg's with 100% stock suspension i went 11.79 w/ 1.87 60'
    --
    93 GT

Junior SCH Member
    When did you do this?

Senior SCH Member
    last friday
    --
    93 GT

Originally posted by MoDo
    last friday
    Dennis,

Did you get the new balancer on? You all ready for the 12th?
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Senior SCH Member
    hey eric, no i got it but haven't installed it yet. been pretty busy with work. can't wait for the nats. i won't be running but the car will be there for the party :)
    --
    93 GT

Sounds good...I am looking forward to it too. We can always throw it on at the hotel and get the car setup there. There's always a bunch of cars that get their final work done right in the parking lot :)
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage