Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
ati procharger d1sc

Thread: ati procharger d1sc

Senior SCH Member

ati procharger d1sc

i have the opportunity to buy a d1sc but i would like some info on the unit.
    do u know if it comes with intercooler? what is the stock boost levels with it? anything would be helpful.

thanks.

Junior SCH Member
    where are you buying the kit? intercooler included totally depends on the person/business selling the kit.

procharger.com has a good amount of info as well.

d1sc is a very good blower. this blower is often used on street cars looking to push some serious horsepower. it can easily create 20 pounds of boost in most applications. the SC measn it has a self contained oil system. this does not require you to punch a drain hole into your oil pan. the D1SC does differ from the D1 standard. the set up ratio (the speed multiplication of the blower versus the engine speed) is 4.10 for the SC vs 4.44 for the standard oiling system D1.

it can flow 1000+cfm and can make over 1000HP in the right application. what kind of deal are you getting. how much and for exacltly what application and whats included.

then we may be able to give you more input. what are your goals with the car?

mike
    www.BoostedHorsepower.com

69 Camaro Z28
    383 D1 Procharger
    Procharger Sheet Metal Intercooler
    750 cfm 4150
    Extreme Velocity Carb Hat
    Trick Flow Aluminum Heads
    Edelbrock Super Victor Intake
    Crower Solid Roller Cam
    X2CMotorsports Tremec TKO TransTKO

Senior SCH Member
    from your reply this may be to much blower for what i am looking for in my street car.
    i have a r 302 in it with 331 stroker kit. but most of the miles i will using it for will be for street and traveling as a daily driver almost. kind of strange i know.
    i am running edelbrock rpm heads 2.02/1.60 stock, rpm intake 70mm tb, 84:1 compression.

that was helpful info thanks. and i have told the guy i want the blower after i get more info on it. it is new in box and is a great deal for 2200. at this price i am sure the intercooler is not with it.
    but still a good price for new.

Originally posted by nstycpe93
    from your reply this may be to much blower for what i am looking for in my street car.
    i have a r 302 in it with 331 stroker kit. but most of the miles i will using it for will be for street and traveling as a daily driver almost. .
    Actually, its really not too much blower if you use the right pulley. I drive mine every day to work (on nice days) and you can see from my sig the power I'm making and my boost level with a D-1SC. Gas mileage is good (over 20mph on highway) and I've put 20k miles on the car with the blower without blowing a headgasket. I would definitely recommend getting the intercooler, in my opinion they really help on a street car. Good luck.
    '94 Cobra, Procharged 10psi, otherwise mostly stock - 400rwhp 412tq

Now more boost and more horses

Best e.t. - don't ask
    Best trap - 119.3

New 347 combo coming soon - shooting for daily driving 600rwhp

Senior SCH Member
    thanks for the info. kind of helpful in deciding what i wanted to do.
    appreciate the help.

ken

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Z's Cobra
    Actually, its really not too much blower if you use the right pulley. I drive mine every day to work (on nice days) and you can see from my sig the power I'm making and my boost level with a D-1SC. Gas mileage is good (over 20mph on highway) and I've put 20k miles on the car with the blower without blowing a headgasket. I would definitely recommend getting the intercooler, in my opinion they really help on a street car. Good luck.
    Ever had a chance to run that car at the track again?

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Hey Dan, I only made it to the track once last year because my wife and I had twins that were in and out of the hospital all last year and we bought a new house. My best is still a 12.5 @ 114 in the 1/4 on drag radials (with a crappy 2.1 60' b/c the track is so bad where I race). I'm getting some lower control arms and going to another track that will hopefully add up to much better times. My 1-2 shifts are scary b/c the car is all over the place so I definitely need some traction. I'll keep you posted.

Brian
    '94 Cobra, Procharged 10psi, otherwise mostly stock - 400rwhp 412tq

Now more boost and more horses

Best e.t. - don't ask
    Best trap - 119.3

New 347 combo coming soon - shooting for daily driving 600rwhp

Junior SCH Member
    i do agree with the previous posts. this blower is a happy medium between a small street blower and an all out race blower. they can be spun slower to produce decent boost with less heat and can make any car a bad a$$ street car. on the other hand, you have the option to push it to the max and really make some incredible horsepower with this blower.

i didn't mean to come of sounding like this blower was out of a street cars league. this is not the case. i actually was trying to say that it can make for an excellent street blower that can still put out some impressive track numbers when pushed harder.

i think you would be very happy with this blower on a street car. sounds like a good deal. actually, i got mine for 2500 total new D1 from jdsperformance and it has a 1-3 year warranty depending on the pulley used with it. just to give you a price comparison. also, from jdsperformance, it is shipped directly from procharger so you can be sure all the parts required should be there. honestly, i would offer 2000 to the seller as highest offer. not worth 300 to not get the warranty and reciept of purchase brand new.

just my .02 cents.

later,

mike
    www.BoostedHorsepower.com

69 Camaro Z28
    383 D1 Procharger
    Procharger Sheet Metal Intercooler
    750 cfm 4150
    Extreme Velocity Carb Hat
    Trick Flow Aluminum Heads
    Edelbrock Super Victor Intake
    Crower Solid Roller Cam