Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Install Frustrations
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install Frustrations

SCH Member

Install Frustrations

I just got my new kit earlier this week. I began installing it Tuesday night.

The kit was missing an alternator bolt. Then, I got the bolt size it said to use from the hdwre store, and went to insert it where it said to (through front place, then through alt, lastly threading into back headbracket). Well, using the SIZE that was specified (and fit the head bracket), the bolt would NOT go through the front plate. That bolt hole wasn't even drilled large enough. So they spec'd a bolt (that wasn't included) to go in a location, which wasn't large enough for the bolt. I had to take the entire plate BACK off to drill the fugger out to accept the bolt.

Next problem... I went to install the inlet. It interferes BIGTIME with my fuel lines AND my STOCK valve covers. I had to GRIND my valvecovers for it to fit. I worked on that thing for 2 hours finally getting it in place. I then go to attach my 80mm Pro M MAF, and it wont fit in the engine bay between the head unit and the inner fender. NICE huh?? So now Im forced to buy some sort of powerpipe in order to finish my install. more money...

Lastly, the discharge it TOO LONG. The pictures help explain what I mean. In the pic, the discharge is TOUCHING the head unit, under that silicone tubing. Look how much LONGER it is at the TB. I dont see any good reason why I should have to be CUTTING my discharge for it to fit.

These are just SOME problems I've come across SO FAR. Who knows what else is in store for me along the way to the finish line. Let's hope not much more, b/c Im getting FED UP.

Regards,

The discharge tube on my Novi 1000 kit was too long as well, had to trim about 3/4" off to get it to fit. I noticed that you are running a TFS intake as well am I, I'm curious if the TFS intake places the T-body closer to the shock tower than the stock intake. This could possibly explain the fitment issues as I can nearly guarantee that all mock ups were done with a "stock" motor.

As far as the fuel lines are concerned, I had to tweak the stocl fuel lines on mine to get the inlet to fit & still leave me access to the schrader (sp?) valve on the fuel line.

Hang in there, it'll be well worth the hassels when you fire it up again!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

same prob here with the dishcarge. I have the bigger vortec v7 discharge as well. You can make it fit, but it's a struggle. I am considering cutting mine, but I don't want to loose the ridge that holds the rubber on. Do you think this would be a problem?

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Junior SCH Member

Frustration

I understand your frustration. These things can be truly challenging sometimes, Hang in there. I can help you out with a HorsePower Pipe though. Give us a call, we'll save you a little money.

www.morpheusperformance.com
    610-385-6828
    Harold Jr.

Well this may not help, but I had a TFS track heat intake, I switched to to TFS R and my discharge wouldn't fit anymore . I don't know what the difference is, but a little trimming doesn't hurt anything.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

SCH Member
    A chronicle of my install (so far). Just need to get a breather for my valve cover, finish radiator hose and the bypass plumbing (into the powerpipe I stole from my wife's yet-to-be-installed S-trim. It was altered for a race bypass, so I gotta get creative with the plumbing).

http://pomofo.com/NoviInstall

Regards,

Senior SCH Member
    Thats quality engineering..Now that paxton & vortech are in bed together(engineering wise)maybe that w/b corrected.has any one told paxton of the prob...as all knows, i'm sure they don't care for negative publicity..

nice pics fred!

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

looks great!, thanks for the pics also.

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar

Re: Frustration

Originally posted by Chyke
    I understand your frustration. These things can be truly challenging sometimes, Hang in there. I can help you out with a HorsePower Pipe though. Give us a call, we'll save you a little money.

www.morpheusperformance.com
    610-385-6828
    Harold Jr.
    Hi Harold,

Is Morpheus offering any sort of Novipower.com discount?

<grins>

:D

Thanks for the pics!

Ian

the bolt would NOT go through the front plate. That bolt hole wasn't even drilled large enough. So they spec'd a bolt (that wasn't included) to go in a location, which wasn't large enough for the bolt. I had to take the entire plate BACK off to drill the fugger out to accept the bolt.
    Is it the bracket that bolts to the engine that you had trouble with? I noticed in the pics of your install that your bracket says Vortech on it. I took a photo of the one that came with my Novi 2K and there are a few differences between the two.

Here's yours....

Here's mine.....

Thats probably his Alternative Auto 351w modified bracket. Did you use that or the supplied one Blue91?

SCH Member
    That one has been altered for the 351. Yes, that's the one I used. I got it with the S trim kit we bought for my wife's coupe.

The hole I was talking about was on the "middle plate" (not the one that the tensioners bolt to).

Junior SCH Member

Stay Tuned

Who knows what could happen.

Harold