Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Install Frustrations - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Install Frustrations

Fred, did you cut your discharge tube?

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

SCH Member
    Yes, I had to cut my discharge tube slightly.

I also had to re-add the a/c compressor (to save money for now over a $70 a/c delete pulley) to solve belt routing issues with my motor/setup.

I gutted it as much as I could to lighten it up and put it back on. The link I pasted above has pics (last few). Car is DONE and running. Haven't taken pics of the FINAL setup yet. Will do sometime this week.

Regards,

are you using power sterring. I could lend you some belt routing ideas if you want. I went through the same thing. I finally just moved the alternator to the drivers side. There is a pic of the bracket in the photo post under my name. Check it out. I have some other ways you can do things too. I even have a march pully and bracket that I'm not using if you think you might want it. you would just need to get bolts and spacers. Let me know I'll help you all I can.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Senior SCH Member
    As for cutting the discharge tube. When I ran a Procharger, I had a custom stainless steel tube made that did not have any ridges on the ends. I always use T-bolt clamps on my stuff and there was no way that thing was coming off. I wouldn't worry about losing the ridge.

personally, I would pick up some of the t-bolt clamp ridged or ridgless. Or was that ribbed or ribless.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

chris, one last thing, did you alter the setting on the race bypass at all. Sorry for the off subject question.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe