Thread: main bearing problems?

main bearing problems?

im curious to hear if any real main bearing problems have been reported wiht the seperate drive blower systems....
    thanx

Senior SCH Member
    What do you mean?Don't understand ?

the more you move the pully out to drive a blower the more load you put on the #1 bearing. for example, whan you use a breaker bar to break a nut loose you increase the load as you move down towards the end of the bar, this makes freeing it easier. same on a seperate drive unit. the more you move the drive pully out away from the bearing the more load the bearing takes....i was trying to find if anyone had any problems with the main bearing? just researching........

Hmmm

Yes there have been problems with the the #1 bearing, especially with the renegade cars which run their belts extremely tight. I been reading about them, they have to redo bearings at least once a season, they are trying to stop the belt from slipping. but it still slips anyway. Maybe not as much.

They are running hardened bearing to help with the problem. I am sure they would go to cog belts if it was allowed in their class.

This would be a good question to ask Spence, he is a Moderator in the YS forum.
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)