Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
oil on discharge tube and volute?

Thread: oil on discharge tube and volute?

SCH Member

oil on discharge tube and volute?

Tonight, while pulling the intake, first thing i noticed was oil coating the discharge tube.. very thin film of oil residue. Also i ran my finger around the compressor housing volute, and noticed it felt oily. How would oil be getting through to the intake tract? leaky seal on the impeller side? thats all i can think of. Kinda has me stumpted, since this headunit is fairly new (4k miles)
    Vibrant Red 94GT

Senior SCH Member
    If you have hose connected to valve cover and supercharger intake elbow w/o a filter of some kind,that could cause it..... or could be as you said in your thread...however, not likely w/only 4k...

I always have a little oil in my discharge tube and throttle body whenever I take my car apart. I have just accepted it as normal after 3 years of seeing it. I am thinking one of those one way pcv check valves would probably fix it but I've never gotten around to trying it since it doesnt seem to be affecting anything.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

SCH Member
    I had oil on my t/b and discharge tube all the time. I put a filter in the hose from the PVC to the intake. That solved my problem. It has a cleanable steel filter. I paid about $12.00 @ Autozone.

No bad side effects that I have noticed.
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

513rwhp/493rwtq on pump gas. More to come in 05!

Headed for the 10's fully loaded on a radial.